• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Anyone have any further experience? I want an HBAR that I will be running pretty hard, Windham has a configuration I like. Any futher experience on their quality?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Anyone have any further experience? I want an HBAR that I will be running pretty hard, Windham has a configuration I like. Any futher experience on their quality?

The company is only like 6 months old; luckily AR parts are pretty much fungible by design.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    A buddy of mine bought one of their HBARs from 2A Sales and he's been pleased with it so far. He's only had time to shoot around 500 rounds through it but so far so good!

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Is there a dealer in md carrying these?

At Hafer's we just got our first one it.

The company is only like 6 months old; luckily AR parts are pretty much fungible by design.

In name only its like already mentioned Basically it is the old Bushmaster with a different name receivers look of the same quality as my couple year old Bushmasters.

Bwhite

Sep 26, 2011
    Harford County
    I have one of the windham weaponry hbars i bought from gun connection im extremely pleased with it. Never had any failures of any kind with it even with steel case, although i only have about 500 rounds through it. unfortunately I might have to sell it due to recently losing my job.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'd love to hear Chad's opinion on em'.

*Cough* Chad, you watching this thread?

:-D

They are plinkers. Way below a PSA or Spikes and they are in the same price range.

I have seen a slew of variants from Windham and they are "Meh" IMO. Some have Notched Hammers, Some are Rounded, Some have M4 Ramps, Some dont, Some have Chrome Lined Barrels/Chambers, Some dont, Some have Extractor Inserts, Some dont.

-They dont have H Buffers
    -They dont have M16 Carriers
    -They dont have F Marked FSB's for the Carbine/Removable Carry Handle Variants
    -The Buffer/Action Springs are on the 5%+ side
    -The Gas Ports are about 20% larger than they need to be. I know WHY they do this (Reduced ammo sensitivity, thus reduced returns), but it makes the guns overgassed.

I cant recall if the Buffer Tube is Milspec or Commercial,

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    They are plinkers. Way below a PSA or Spikes and they are in the same price range.

I have seen a slew of variants from Windham and they are "Meh" IMO. Some have Notched Hammers, Some are Rounded, Some have M4 Ramps, Some dont, Some have Chrome Lined Barrels/Chambers, Some dont, Some have Extractor Inserts, Some dont.

-They dont have H Buffers
    -They dont have M16 Carriers
    -They dont have F Marked FSB's for the Carbine/Removable Carry Handle Variants
    -The Buffer/Action Springs are on the 5%+ side
    -The Gas Ports are about 20% larger than they need to be. I know WHY they do this (Reduced ammo sensitivity, thus reduced returns), but it makes the guns overgassed.

I cant recall if the Buffer Tube is Milspec or Commercial,

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks, as always.

Alas, my search continues for an HBAR that I can run hard (bought as an HBAR, not put together.) under 1k.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Good to hear professional-based opinion on this. :thumbsup:

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks, as always.

Alas, my search continues for an HBAR that I can run hard (bought as an HBAR, not put together.) under 1k.

Im sure Scott and a few I.P.'s on here are cursing me for saying such things about the Windham guns.

Ill tell a customer flat out that a gun being sold that I just handed a customer is a piece of crap. I dont stay silent or lie to make sales for anyone.

I dont make many friends, but im honest.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

It sounds like Clandestine has confirmed that they are just another commercial grade AR assembler.

You would think since Windam basically formed Bushmaster all over again from scratch, that they would have made an effort to make themselves more market place relevant in comparison to Spikes, BCM, Palmetto, etc by using all Mil-Spec quality parts.

There seems to be a huge boom in AR sales during the past three months; gotta love election years. The difference this time around is that the system has a lot greater manufacturing capacity than 4 years ago. Assemblers like Palmetto, BCM and Spikes have ratcheted up the quality expectation while keeping prices steady or in Palmetto's case pushing them down. I wonder what is going to happen to all of these small assemblers and manufacturers this time next year. Thinner margins, high production capacity, and steady or decreased prices are not a good combination when demand finally stagnates.

Geez.. I should be working, y'all are distracting. :)

Simms65

Oct 24, 2007
    Inwood, WV
    I've sold a few of them through my shop and generally speaking I'd agree with what Chad posted. All that I've checked have had M16 carriers though.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Still on my HBAR quest (Can't buy an assembled one from DD, BCM, or Spikes :-( but for anyone interested in Windham, just to add to chad's reply, they do use commercial buffer tubes and not mil-spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom