• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I like them. Always sent stuff quick and other than me not cleaning and lubing one of there bcg I haven't had any issues with any of the products that wasn't my fault.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Wasn't PSA one of the several that were refusing to ship stripped lowers to MD FFLs after Full Of Sh#& 2013 took effect or am I wrong? I've been in the market for an AR upper and lower to build a 9mm AR or even complete AR rifle in 9mm(preferably using Glock mags). I've seen PSA have said uppers and lowers, but didn't even bother because I didn't know if they would ship to a MD FFL

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    Had a buddy of mine purchase a pistol from them, but received an email saying they could not ship this particular pistol to Maryland. He needed some help so I got on the phone with PSA customer service and gave them step by step instructions on accessing the handgun roster. They saw the pistol listed on the roster then decided they still could not ship to Maryland. Pretty frustrating, but if they wanted to lose the business it was up to them. Other than that I had previously purchased a few parts from them during their sales, with no issues.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Have to admit; this post had me a little worried. I had just completed this very order an hour before seeing this post. Well I'm happy to say that my order status changed to 'shipped' yesterday. One day after my order. Now I have an email with the UPS tracking number. Can't say I would have expected this quick response even before seeing this thread. Unless something happens somewhere, I would say they are good to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Just a follow-up; my Shield was delivered to my FFL today. I would say that is pretty good service from my perspective.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    meh. i got some ammo from them that took 3 weeks to ship and an upper that's purple...

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I've had great luck with them for over 5 years.

Until today.

I ordered a complete AR-9 lower.

Just got an email from their Compliance department stating that they would not ship a complete lower to MD unless I was an FFL or LEO. It was being shipped to a MD FFL.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've had great luck with them for over 5 years.

Until today.

I ordered a complete AR-9 lower.

Just got an email from their Compliance department stating that they would not ship a complete lower to MD unless I was an FFL or LEO. It was being shipped to a MD FFL.

This has seemed to be the status quo with then for a while now. They won't take regular orders TO and ffl. The order must be directly FROM the ffl.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    From what I'm reading, PSA sounds very hit and miss. I wonder if they drop ship certain items directly from the vendor and those are the problematic ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    This has seemed to be the status quo with then for a while now. They won't take regular orders TO and ffl. The order must be directly FROM the ffl.

I second that. I could not order a AR9 pistol lower from them. Ended up having one ordered thru Blue Fins.

OTOH, I was at Jlowes last Monday to pick up my $499 Windham Weaponry AR and I got to handle an extra PSA AR9 9mm Glock AR lower. Price was $185 IIRC. The other 3 were already spoken for. I would have bought it if the wife was not with me. :D

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    This... I have had to buy direct for a few good customers. Had discussion with them and told them their legal folks providing bad advice to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    I've ordered gun parts from PSA two times over the past six months with no issues at all, and shipping took less than a week. I'm guessing a few gun parts are a lot easier for them to process, as I've heard complaints about them being slow for quite a while.

EndangeredMooseknuckle

Abducted Cynic
    Jun 23, 2017
    Southern MD, St. Marys
    Just purchased from them for the first time. Been several days and the order still shows "processing".. but in their defense the site showed a 10 day delay in shipping before I placed the order. Free Shipping plus the rebate on a shield gets it down around the 200 mark.. so I assume you are looking at a similar deal? I'm not in a hurry for it so it's no concern to me whether it takes 3 days or 30 on this one.

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    Just purchased from them for the first time. Been several days and the order still shows "processing".. but in their defense the site showed a 10 day delay in shipping before I placed the order. Free Shipping plus the rebate on a shield gets it down around the 200 mark.. so I assume you are looking at a similar deal? I'm not in a hurry for it so it's no concern to me whether it takes 3 days or 30 on this one.

I'm guessing you got the 9mm I was thinking about the 45. So after the coupon code u still get to mail in rebate

EndangeredMooseknuckle

Abducted Cynic
    Jun 23, 2017
    Southern MD, St. Marys
    I'm guessing you got the 9mm I was thinking about the 45. So after the coupon code u still get to mail in rebate
    Yep, ordered the 9mm. Have the 45 without the safety, but didn't want to pass up the deal. Rebate is electronic so you don't have to mail it in unless you choose to do so.. but be warned it's about 90 day turn around on the rebate according to S&W.

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    Yep, ordered the 9mm. Have the 45 without the safety, but didn't want to pass up the deal. Rebate is electronic so you don't have to mail it in unless you choose to do so.. but be warned it's about 90 day turn around on the rebate according to S&W.

Putting my order in now needed another 9 for my gun safe

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Ordered a 9mm Shield from PSA on 6/29, with free ground shipping. Even with the Independence Day holiday it was received at my LGS today, and I picked it up a few hours ago. Now I need to file for the rebate. Fast shipping and I saved about $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom