• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Guys,

I was thinking of getting a Shield from these guys. They seem to have mixed reviews. Are they good to go or stay away?

Thanks!

K

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Hey Guys,

I was thinking of getting a Shield from these guys. They seem to have mixed reviews. Are they good to go or stay away?

Thanks!

K

Avoid them. Even if they provide a good price, you always have to factor in transfer fees and sometimes shipping (i know they do free shipping on occasion). We have many industry partners that can provide what you need and neither shipping nor transfer fees come into play. The other factor to consider is your LGS will give you support after the sale. If anything goes wrong with a Palmetto State purchase, you won't get that same level of service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoeMurrda

Feb 19, 2016
    I've had a good experience with them, and I've heard about their slow/disheveled ordering process, but I think they've tried to step up their customer service recently. And with the prices and promotions they've been advertising for those shields, it would be hard to ignore- if it's a gun you want, I'd say go for it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have only bought uppers and ammo from them. Slow shipping but I have been happy with the product for the price

XRider

Aug 9, 2010
    Surfside Beach SC
    I tried to pickup one of their online deals but they lost that order when they wanted me to pay shipping to pick it up in their own store. Sorry, I know that doesn't provide any useful information for your situation but it really annoyed me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Never bought a handgun from them, but everything else has been a pleasant transaction. I have heard of slow shipping, but I have yet to experience that. Like others have said, have you accounted for the shipping and transfer fees in your total cost? Ask a few dealers what they charge for a transfer. You may find it's as cheap or cheaper to buy directly from a local dealer.

Good Luck!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I would look locally to purchase the handgun. The transfer fees and shipping may bring you close.
    That said I have purchased uppers and lots of ammo from them. I know I won't have it tomorrow going in. Never had an issue with any order from them.
    I would, without hesitation, order from them again.

WildBill

May 7, 2017
    I've bought parts from them many times with no issues. Biggest thing to consider is transfer fee + shipping vs sales tax. Many times by buying online and avoiding sales tax I come out ahead even with the transfer fee.

Baltimore county
    Handgun Qualification License
    Maryland Designated Collector
    FFL03 C&R holder

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Never bought a gun from them but buy ammo or parts fairly often. In the run up to the Freedom Suppression Act they were slow shipping. I bought several 20 rounders for can't remember which gun now and had to call them to explain I was coming up on a hard stop. I had been waiting about 2 weeks for them to ship before that. They shipped them the next day. Contrast that to my most recent experience (which mirrors the past year or so): I bought a Memorial Day deal on Monday and got shipping notice Wednesday.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've not had any problems with the company. I will say that their deals can get pretty spectacular. What deal are they offering? The Shield and some extra parts?

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Ditto to the above. I have a personal gripe with PSA because they won't sell ammo to MoCo, or Annapolis, but they're good. Do check the IPs for a Shield locally though. Even when lack of tax and free shipping (sometimes, or cheap) make the cost of a transfer lower than a local shop's price, I'm personally glad to spend some extra bucks to support my LGS. YMMV, etc., but there ya go.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Never had any problems with them. As a matter of fact, ordered an upper, bcg, and charging handle on Monday, It was delivered today. Good quality(FN Chrome Lined Barrel)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom