• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    ok I got it. I thought you were referring to your accnt number.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Let's say you are havent filled out one of these apps. You are just browsing a gun store and want to make an impulse purchase. Do you then use the gun stores computer to make an application or do you have to go home and do it? Do any FFLs have a dedicated computer for their patrons?

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Let's say you are havent filled out one of these apps. You are just browsing a gun store and want to make an impulse purchase. Do you then use the gun stores computer to make an application or do you have to go home and do it? Do any FFLs have a dedicated computer for their patrons?

Great question.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i see no reason why you cannot start the application at the FFL, if he is amenable to letting you use his computer.

make sure the browser doesn't memorize your password.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I bought a new handgun last week and decided to wait on the paperwork to give this new process a try. So far it has been pretty easy. It looks like there is no expiration date so you can just keep an open application for those impulse buys.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    They have publicly accessible computers at the public library and you can get a prepaid CC. It's more difficult for those without these things in their home, but not impossible.

It's the nature of the world we find ourselves in.

It's one of those old Spock adages

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"

More difficult? Sure, but not impossible.

In light of the recent court decisions that strike down laws requiring any form of ID to register to vote and vote, exercising an enumerated right, your position falls on deaf ears. Why is the exercise of one right deny the ability to verify eligibility and the exercise of another right require the ability to verify eligibility?

I do not need an e-mail address in order to vote but, now in Maryland I am required to provide an e-mail address in order to acquire a firearm, let's not get into the long gun vs. hand gun debate.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    it's not my position. I am simply illustrating that you don't have to have a PC or a CC to purchase a firearm.If you don't like the system i guess your gun buying days are over.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I bought a new handgun last week and decided to wait on the paperwork to give this new process a try. So far it has been pretty easy. It looks like there is no expiration date so you can just keep an open application for those impulse buys.

I read in the guide unfinished apps are expired off the system after 6 months.

I'll try to find it for you.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    1st application submitted to the application pool.
    Less than 5 mins. start to finish.
    Now with application number and my pin number I can access 77Re at FFL and let them fill in their info and submit.
    Sure there will be some growing pains with the new process but this should cut way down on clerical errors.
    Time will tell how well MSP executes this.
    Happy Newyear to you all.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Apps that are not submitted are deleted after 180 days

Firearms not picked up after completion the application is expired after 90 days (like it always was)

Notice there is an EXPIRATION DATE column on the dashboard

Attachments

• expire.jpg
      expire.jpg
      88 KB · Views: 305
    • dashboard.jpg
      dashboard.jpg
      16.1 KB · Views: 300

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV

At least one gun shop I've gone to in the past week has said they will have a laptop available for "impulse" buys. It's yet another infringement on gun shop owners, but I guess you have to do what you have to do to stay in business in the gulag.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    yeah, what's the point of an on line system if you still need to present paperwok?

this is normal for MSP .

FUBAR

It now says:
    It is recommended that applicants present their Designated Collector letter to their selected firearm dealer when applying for a multiple firearm purchase.

I just did one. Effortless. Much easier than the paper forms. I was number 50.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    great. Maybe MSI got through to MSP LD after it was noticed they were requiring presentation of the actual letter in the guide.

or maybe the guide was wrong but the actual software got it right.

Wonder how it will present when doing more than one firearm per 30 days as a DC?

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Interesting enough, I logged out and back in. The list of applications does not have an expiration date. Also, now where did it ask me for a credit card.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    Apps that are not submitted are deleted after 180 days

Firearms not picked up after completion the application is expired after 90 days (like it always was)

Notice there is an EXPIRATION DATE column on the dashboard

Thanks. I missed that. Still I will plan to keep an open one all of the time. I guess I will just have to make sure that I buy a new one every 6 months before it expires. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom