• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    The tube will be 8.5 with the advanced endcap and a Gemtech lid that has had the threads moved back so it will fit in tube farther. I don't think the advanced endcap will add any length. I'm guessing it will be about 9.25 long

You are good to go.

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County

Attachments

• Napa C-cell freeze plugs.jpg
      Napa C-cell freeze plugs.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 796

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    It seems that a B tube is best for 9mm. If I make a can for my scorpion, would it need a booster? Is there a way to make it so I can put a booster in line to then use on a pistol?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Scorpion is fixed bbl. No booster needed. Just like any other 9mm rifle/carbine (MP5, MPX, Beretta Cx4 Storm, etc.)

You will need a booster/decoupler for a pistol w/ a moving bbl (which is almost all of them.)

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    It seems that a B tube is best for 9mm. If I make a can for my scorpion, would it need a booster? Is there a way to make it so I can put a booster in line to then use on a pistol?

You can not have an extra end cap or thread protector legally unless you secure the internals without the ends holding the stack together.

I do have solutions for that but they require extra work.

If you go the B tube route buy a Gemtech LID the LID (for pistols) holds the innards in place therefore legally you can't replace it with a fixed adapter ( http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/Threaded-Rear-Mounts-16p99.htm ) for use in your Scorpion. But you could buy this:

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/PBT-9MM-Piston-Blocking-Tube-16p109.htm PBT-9mm Piston Blocking Tube: Replaces Spring in LID'08 recoil device to make it a non-reciprocating mount for use on fixed barrel firearms.
    Price: $15.00

That way you have a B cell 9mm suppressor for both you pistol and Scorpion.

If you use a D cell tube, you will need a thread adapter ( http://sdtacticalarms-com.3dcartsto...ecoil-Booster-Rear-Thread-Protector_p_17.html ) to convert the D cell thread to B cell thread. I have a Liberty LID connected to a 5.8" SDTA Ti tube (tube not available on website but was offered over the phone). I was able to fit 10 FPs in it and the FPs and end cap are bored to 7/16 inch (.45 cal). Sound suppression is comparable if not slightly better than a Gemtech GM-9 (9mm). It does weigh heavier though.

Advantage of the D cell is that the thread adapter holds the internals in place allowing me to legally replace the lid with a fixed mount.

Al

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD

The link worked for me, and the mt2 is the 60 deg. More angle the better but you also risk stretching the plug out to much and splitting or weakening the cone.

I have stuck with the 41-45 deg angle.

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    Well just ran into an issue with the Form 1 I built. Went shooting about a month ago, 300 Blackout and 30-06. Didn't clean the supressor at the time. Well, just pulled it out to remove the end caps and clean it out. Guess what, the caps are stuck to the tube and I cannot get them off. (Tried WD-40, heating the caps, etc) Any ideas?

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Wd is not going to help, you need to use a solvent that breaks the carbon down.

Two strap wrenches or one with the tube in a vice. If you can't get enough on it, then you can drill some holes to use a spanner wrench.

I have had some tighten up, but have always been able to get them apart.

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    Wd is not going to help, you need to use a solvent that breaks the carbon down.

Two strap wrenches or one with the tube in a vice. If you can't get enough on it, then you can drill some holes to use a spanner wrench.

I have had some tighten up, but have always been able to get them apart.

Carb cleaner it is then lol. Have to buy a strap wrench. Learned a lesson here, take it apart and clean it, or at least take it apart so it can be cleaned lol.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Weber,
    What is the best way to clip cones?

I'm not a fan of clipping, we have done a few and experienced accuracy issues and larger shifts of poi, with no increase in suppression.

But, there are many ways to do it. You can use a battery drill or drill press, dremel tool, or other rotary tool.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Carb cleaner it is then lol. Have to buy a strap wrench. Learned a lesson here, take it apart and clean it, or at least take it apart so it can be cleaned lol.

Strap wrenches are a must, get a good set of them. It's worth a few extra dollars for the good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom