• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    But if you are traveling to an in state range no form is necessary, correct?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    My intent was driven at multiple filings. (EVERYTIME I GO THE RANGE)...not using a 1yr voucher which is industry standard. HOWEVER - BATF will not accept "traveling to and from range"..unless range has a specific location address.

You little birds sitting in the branches "chirping" should spend some more time reading up on information rather than playing internet policeman. Six posts..thats right - put up some nteresting posts other than :
    Why does it take so long for a transfer?
    Does my trust on quicken willmaker look ok?
    If the fingerprint card says use blue ink and used black will it get rejected?
    I got my paperwork back - forgot to sign need to vent...
    and every other stupid non-informative post...
    Maybe something like -
    Form 1 Fabrication threads showing some builds and ideas...
    Specific product reviews on certain builders or makers..
    FRIENDLY NFA/T2 ranges and shops....

You know stuff that benefits the hobby and developing it...not crying into a tissue over the wait time and the mean lady on the phone at MSP.

Thats just BS. Those that responded clearly talked about the 1 year on each form. Each time you travel, yes you must be covered under an approved form. The rest of your post is wrong... claiming now that its was just to say it was about Multi-filings... its BS. All ones has to do is read from the beginning to see through that.

Your 7 replies are completely worthless. You have not posted any worth while threads. Until you do, how about STFU!

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Here is a single post to clear everything up:

-5320.20s need to be filed to travel with SBRs out of the state it is registered in on your Form 1.

-A 5320.20 needs to be filed for each state you are planning to taking your SBR to.

-In section 3 you can write in a date range of up to one year.

-"Recreational shooting and training" is fine for section 5

-In section 7, you have put a specific address which will usually be the address of a range. However, you will be fine to travel anywhere within that state or to a different location in that state with your SBR for that given year without filing another 5320.20.

-"Personal Automobile" is fine for section 8

toshu

Nov 19, 2012
    Ocean City
    Well I am sure a lot of these guns are C&R and those with a C&R FFL can transport them interstate without filing. However, all others, yes they are filing... why do you think the NFA branch is so slow with everything!

Even if they are C&R, the same rules apply as with a newer MG....paperwork must be filled out for interstate movement unless you are a Class 3 FFL.
    And yes, they can cover a one year period

toshu

Nov 19, 2012
    Ocean City
    You seem pretty certain for someone who doesn't know thing one about MD laws. How about an intro post? Non-MD FFL maybe?

The issue here has nothing to do with any MD law, but rather federal law. I am familiar with class 3 since I have owned about 15 items over 20 years, and know over 200 SOTs around the US.
    However, I am never shy about asking questions when I need clarification/information, and I am happy to help others when I can...

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    There is a lot of hostility toward noobs asking "dumb" questions. As a community, we really should strive to give good information to every new guy. In a couple of years they will be the ones answering the question. We can also bring more people into MSI, SAF and other organizations. We have got to do a better job of fostering new shooters.

+1. I've been doing the firearms thing for over 10 years this year and I still ask questions that could be perceived as noobish. And I'm even respected as a local expert in some areas when others seek my opinion which surprises the hell out of me. I work hard to deliver accurate answers when that happens, as I wish a forum like this existed when I was new to the sport/hobby. Sometimes I rant off, but I love this forum and hope we keep going for a long time here.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Even if they are C&R, the same rules apply as with a newer MG....paperwork must be filled out for interstate movement unless you are a Class 3 FFL.
    And yes, they can cover a one year period

Wrong! If you are a C&R Licensed Collector transporting a C&R MG across state lines, you are not required to send in a form. Please see ATF handbook page 82:

Licensed collectors are not required to obtain such approval if the
    firearms and devices being transported are “curio or relic” firearms under the GCA.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8.pdf

It scares me when someone who owns MGs calls anything Class III.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Wrong! If you are a C&R Licensed Collector transporting a C&R MG across state lines, you are not required to send in a form. Please see ATF handbook page 82:

Licensed collectors are not required to obtain such approval if the
    firearms and devices being transported are “curio or relic” firearms under the GCA.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8.pdf

It scares me when someone who owns MGs calls anything Class III.

Class 3 Dealer/FFL can buy and sell Title II devices. An SOT/07 cann Manufacture, buy, and sell Title II devices. A FFL does not have to be an SOT to acquire TItle II merchandise with exceptions to post samples.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    How long does it take the ATF to approve a form 5320.20 these days? Any way to expedite the process?

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    I mailed one in around the beginning of the year. After about a month, I got the disapproval in the mail. My property doesn't have a street address so I put down "un named Rd". That didn't fly. I called , got clarification, fixed it and then faxed the corrected version in and Dana emailed me the approved form about 5 days later.
    You can try calling and then faxing the form in. I've heard from others that he's pretty good about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom