• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Attached is the complaint.

the NRA is trying to get out of paying Ollie's legal fees. I don't practice this type of law so I have no idea who will win. My personal opinion of the morality of this is Ollie North was a patriot during Vietnam Iran Contra and now sacrificed himself in order to try and reform the NRA.

Whatever the law says because I really don't know in this instance, I think the NRA is wrong to sue an American hero for exposing graft and corruption of what is supposed to be America oldest civil rights organization.

If the NRA is going to be what it once was it needs guys like Ollie, Tim Knight and Allen West. to lead it not throw them under the bus.

Is there anyone that is familar with this body of law share to comment on the merits of this suit. Esq perhaps?

Attachments

• nra-north complaint.pdf
      171.6 KB · Views: 258

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Is this the swamp lashing back, or the death throes of a once great and proud organization full of sound of fury signifying nothing?

That the NRA is only making news these days because of internal turmoil says more about our condition than I wish it did, and does not bode well for our future, in my opinion.

In its present state, I believe the NRA writ large to be a loathsome organization barely worth my acknowledgement and wholly worth my contempt. The 2A is not negotiable, despite what suits, Fudds, and the intellectually crippled recalcitrant blowhards have to say on the matter.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The NRA of today is not the NRA I experienced in the past. I have always admired LTC North for his service for this country. This is NOT the way to treat him. I haven’t renewed the past few years either.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    North never had any respect from me. His job at the White House was to be the fall guy if the stuff hit the fan and all he ever did was point at other people. He had a job and failed.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    North never had any respect from me. His job at the White House was to be the fall guy if the stuff hit the fan and all he ever did was point at other people. He had a job and failed.

What bothers me is he seems to get himself into these situations. Kind of a let me fall on my sword in a dramatic manner that takes down the house and let’s me look like a hero.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    until there is new leadership, I havent renewed my membership in a couple years, not impressed by what I see....

I’m only continuing to pay my life to endowment upgrade to be able to vote all of these jokers out.

All other funds go to 2AF.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    What bothers me is he seems to get himself into these situations. Kind of a let me fall on my sword in a dramatic manner that takes down the house and let’s me look like a hero.

Over and over again. I caught on to him the first time.

ETA: just realized this is still another case of him pointing at everyone else as the problem - coincidence?

So today...I received the NRA's latest request for cash.....Before I opened it I was hoping it was a letter of explanation to members of exactly what was going on in their own words (of course with Wayne's own spin) But it was just a request for more of my dollars. If they want to retain any of their past stature they would be "doin some splainin".

At this point I am seriously considering renouncing my life membership.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Cheering the death of the NRA as a pro-2A person is about the most perfect definition of pyrrhic victory you can get.

You can be certain sure the anti-2A movements are waiting with an attack plan to move in on Senators and Reps, both state and federal, who come from rural districts and conservative states, where the recommendation of the NRA was golden. They've spent years tuning their strategies, testing what works and what doesn't, how far they can go at once in conservative areas.

And when they move, who will stop them?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Cheering the death of the NRA as a pro-2A person is about the most perfect definition of pyrrhic victory you can get.

You can be certain sure the anti-2A movements are waiting with an attack plan to move in on Senators and Reps, both state and federal, who come from rural districts and conservative states, where the recommendation of the NRA was golden. They've spent years tuning their strategies, testing what works and what doesn't, how far they can go at once in conservative areas.

And when they move, who will stop them?

:goodpost:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Where as I don’t agree with the NRA in many situations there is t another up front organization that will do what they do for us.

Therefore I hope they fix their inner issues and focus hard on our 2nd amendment needs quickly

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Where as I don’t agree with the NRA in many situations there is t another up front organization that will do what they do for us.

Therefore I hope they fix their inner issues and focus hard on our 2nd amendment needs quickly

Is there another group that has the clout of the NRA-ILA lobbyists? Asking because I don’t know. I know SAF gets a lot of cases into court and I really like them but I don’t think they have many lobbyists. I also think SAF and others depend a lot on ILA attorneys for support. I agree with the poster above that there is nothing good about this and wishing ill to our own side is not a place we should be.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    A lot of people seem to think that the NRA's power (politically) comes from traditional lobbying, where the organization asks politicians to behave in certain ways in exchange for things like ad campaigns or other support for their re/election. That's NOT what makes the NRA work, when it comes to seating useful politicians or reining in at least some of the more toxic impulses fueled by people like Bloomberg.

No. What the NRA offers is MEMBERS WHO VOTE. That's what scares the lefties who draw the NRA's gaze, or historically has. It's the NRA's ability to say to a local politician, "Our membership includes 150,000 people in your district and they WILL vote against you if you back [whatever awful bill] or don't support [somebody we want]." The NRA has been able to promise the coherent and passionate voting of its members. That's the power the organization has truly been able to wield in many hazardous elections up and down the scale of government. The organization's role in that respect has been to get people off their butts and VOTE when something dire is on the line, and it has worked for decades. That's where the clout came from. Abandoning that single, huge, coherent voting block out of annoyance about internal politics and the desire for a change in executive management or BOD bodies, is suicide for us. No other entity has the cohesion and messaging platform to be able to credibly approach politicians with a reminder that that horsepower is there and means business. We have to keep those millions of 2A-minded voters together as a group, because there really is strength in those numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom