• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have some synthetic grease at home and used it in the rails and on top of the barrel. Lucas extreme oil on the other parts. The range that I bought this from is super close to where I work, so I went a couple of hours ago to start the break in process. The little STI shot just fine, ran about 40 rounds of Federal FMJ ammunition through her. The next lane over had some guy showing his friends how to shoot with his Glock 19. Being the nice guy that I am, I let two of the new shooters (both were women) try it out. For some reason they preferred my STI to the Glock. Too bad STI doesn't make this anymore, I could have sold two of these today.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Considering Brian’s background I figure it has to be good. With as little as I’m shooting it’ll probably last me years. What am I saying, it’s already lasted me years.

https://www.amazon.com/Slide-Glide-...74H98TRJD8Q&psc=1&refRID=J18HJEFDY74H98TRJD8Q

https://www.amazon.com/Slide-Glide-...560895879&s=gateway&sprefix=slideglide&sr=8-3

http://brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide

Reading this two hours after I ordered something from Amazon :sad20:

I cleaned out the STIs, since I shot this and my DVC today. Nice thing about SS/Aluminum, it shows where it needs cleaning :lol2: Trying a different grease this time. I'm shooting it again tomorrow, want to get through the 500 round break-in by this weekend, because I'm impatient. Now I have two officer sized 1911s, so I can dual wield them.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Reading this two hours after I ordered something from Amazon :sad20:

I cleaned out the STIs, since I shot this and my DVC today. Nice thing about SS/Aluminum, it shows where it needs cleaning :lol2: Trying a different grease this time. I'm shooting it again tomorrow, want to get through the 500 round break-in by this weekend, because I'm impatient. Now I have two officer sized 1911s, so I can dual wield them.

My buddy bought a tiny Springfield 1911 (don't remember the exact model...short barrel, short grip, still .45) to carry. He did the 500 rnd break in in one sitting :eek: He said he had to put it down a few times because it was just too hot...and about wrecked his fingers loading magazines.

I don't think he re-lubed it once he started shooting. It worked 100% :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom