• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Salt

Nov 27, 2007
    Bel Air
    I am working on a, like new, post war MAS 1936. Took it out to my range (Delta Peachbottom) and tried sighting it in at 100 yards. It shot about 9 inches high. The rear sight I have is marked "N". I was told, before I start messing around with the sights, I should shoot it at 200 meters.
    Delta only has one rifle range and it's 100 yards. Is there a 200 meter public range around the Bel Air, MD area?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am working on a, like new, post war MAS 1936. Took it out to my range (Delta Peachbottom) and tried sighting it in at 100 yards. It shot about 9 inches high. The rear sight I have is marked "N". I was told, before I start messing around with the sights, I should shoot it at 200 meters.
    Delta only has one rifle range and it's 100 yards. Is there a 200 meter public range around the Bel Air, MD area?

If it was 9” high at 100, odds are good it’s higher at 200. Likely not at the peak of the arc if it is THAT high. That shouldn’t even be a 400 meter zero. That’s like a 500 or 600 meter zero. Might need a new front sight and grind it to proper zero. They don’t have adjustable elevation, correct (can’t change where the sight settings are zeroed).

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I too think you're going to be even higher at 200.

Might need a new front sight and grind it to proper zero. They don’t have adjustable elevation, correct (can’t change where the sight settings are zeroed).
    The rear sight blades for the 36 can be found w/ different heights/windages. Most are NLA but Numrich has some. I think there used to be a chart that you fired at (gunboards?) and where the majority bullets impacted, there were notes of which sight you had to track down. Found some info:
    https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?27385-mas36-front-sight-adjusment
    If you can't find the right one, I'd be tempted to get a spare front sight and weld it up as little. Those are cheap and readily available in comparison.

Edit: I think the front sights are silver soldered in. So if your's hasn't been messed w/ in the past it might not be an easy option to swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom