• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    So DW is claiming nothing is wrong with the pistol after putting 50 rounds through it...This was my fear. They attribute problems to the light grease I put on the rails, which I already lubed with EWL Gun Oil beforehand.

Nevermind the fact that even if no lubricant at all was used rhat wouldnt explain why the slide release, mag release, and slide itself would completely lockout all at once. And the gun would need to be literally hammered open.

They claim the "hangup" experienced with hand racking was normal with any 1911.

And oh yea are charging me $105 bucks for return shipping and labor. Eff DW.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    So DW is claiming nothing is wrong with the pistol after putting 50 rounds through it...This was my fear. They attribute problems to the light grease I put on the rails, which I already lubed with EWL Gun Oil beforehand.

Nevermind the fact that even if no lubricant at all was used rhat wouldnt explain why the slide release, mag release, and slide itself would completely lockout all at once. And the gun would need to be literally hammered open.

They claim the "hangup" experienced with hand racking was normal with any 1911.

And oh yea are charging me $105 bucks for return shipping and labor. Eff DW.

They fed you a line of crap. No semi should lock up. Ever!

Sounds like all the little tolerances that allow the slide to function smoothly on the frame are a tad too tight. Or the barrel and bushing are a tad too tight. Add it all together and you get binding.

There is no hand fitting of parts anymore. What ever comes off the CNC is good enough now. They don't want to take the time to go into your 1911 to discover what's barely binding where. A little black Sharpie here and there. A little stoning here and there. Done! But they prolly don't know how to do it anyway. Find a local Gunsmith that does.

Your loss is the firearm communities gain though. Now folks know what not to buy.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I will post the email thread in this forum for the purposes of full disclosure. Even if the grease is the culprit. Which I have a hard time believing, but I'm no firearm expert, I feel to be charged the return shipping and labor is completely disingenous as I had no idea otherwise I would have found someone on this forum.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I will post the email thread in this forum for the purposes of full disclosure. Even if the grease is the culprit. Which I have a hard time believing, but I'm no firearm expert, I feel to be charged the return shipping and labor is completely disingenous as I had no idea otherwise I would have found someone on this forum.

Give John Carduner a call, he is an IP here. He will be able to get you fixed up. Grease is not the culprit. I'm betting the disconnector is the issue.

I agree about the return shipping and labor too, I'd be plenty hot about that.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Go post your experience on 1911forum.com in the Dan Wesson section. Someone there might be able to help you. I know Dan Wesson reps read the posts.

Did you shoot it again yet?

Last edited:

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    BTW, other manufacturers, even high-end Nighthawk Customs warns you ahead of time to check all mags, ammo, and Etc. to make sure it’s a problem that requires a trip back to the factory. If they cannot replicate the problem, they charge you shipping both ways, the cost of the range trips and ammo. Clearly they are trying to discourage needless trips back to the factory. As a Nighthawk owner, my first reaction was to be really pissed. Then thinking like a businessman, I understand where they are coming from. Imagine how many guns they get back for stupid reasons. They then have to bear the costs of shipping, ammo, and labor.

Your problem sounds like they should have eaten the cost. Try hotter ammo like Fiocchi. It may work that disconnector so that it works.

Good luck.

Nighthawk Customs’ policy :

https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/warranty-return-policy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads