Looking for a range and maybe a club....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Hi Everyone,

I had access to private property for a time now that is closed. I live in Elkridge, close to On Target - but I want to be able to shoot rifles. Any suggestions on decent ranges?

I like the location of Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. but that whole thing seems a bit confusing. You have to join one club to be able to join another, can only shoot at certain times?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    AGC is not a "Club" itself. It is a Confederation of Clubs , that administers the physical facilities for the benefit of the Constituent Clubs.

Since you are in reasonable proximity, I recomend you join a Constituent Club, and thru that, get an AGC Range Badge.

In broad catagories, there are no-frills Clubs that are a vehicle to a Range Badge, and that's about it. Not slamming, that's a real niche that needs fiiling. Specialty Clubs , that focus on one specific thing only , say muzzleloaders or trap shooting. And All Around Clubs that have frequent club events and activities in wide range of the shooting sports.

Stand by, you will momentarily recieve a whole buncha recomendations, and invatations.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    AGC is not a "Club" itself. It is a Confederation of Clubs , that administers the physical facilities for the benefit of the Constituent Clubs.

Since you are in reasonable proximity, I recomend you join a Constituent Club, and thru that, get an AGC Range Badge.

In broad catagories, there are no-frills Clubs that are a vehicle to a Range Badge, and that's about it. Not slamming, that's a real niche that needs fiiling. Specialty Clubs , that focus on one specific thing only , say muzzleloaders or trap shooting. And All Around Clubs that have frequent club events and activities in wide range of the shooting sports.

Stand by, you will momentarily recieve a whole buncha recomendations, and invatations.

I, too, am interested in taking the AGC plunge. The vibe I get from there reminds me a ton of my club back home.

Dan_Br

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Hi Everyone,

I had access to private property for a time now that is closed. I live in Elkridge, close to On Target - but I want to be able to shoot rifles. Any suggestions on decent ranges?

I like the location of Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. but that whole thing seems a bit confusing. You have to join one club to be able to join another, can only shoot at certain times?

No matter what club you join, you have full and complete access to the range and facilities. Generally, the range is fully open and only closes a part of the range for a club sanctioned event. Even with the sanctioned events, other members are usually able to join in. An example is one club routinely has 3 gun matches that are open to any member of any club

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    I'd be more than happy to meet you at AGC one weekend if you're interested. Give you a range tour and shoot for a bit if you'd like. The process is a little confusing, but once you hear the streamlined version, it isn't all that bad.

Join an associated club based on your interests:

https://associatedgunclubs.org/about/associated-clubs/

Get with your new club for a range orientation date. Once the orientation is complete, you can purchase your badge on the spot. Only have to renew yearly from that point on.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    I'd be more than happy to meet you at AGC one weekend if you're interested. Give you a range tour and shoot for a bit if you'd like. The process is a little confusing, but once you hear the streamlined version, it isn't all that bad.

Join an associated club based on your interests:

https://associatedgunclubs.org/about/associated-clubs/

Get with your new club for a range orientation date. Once the orientation is complete, you can purchase your badge on the spot. Only have to renew yearly from that point on.

WOW! Thanks! I might just do that..... I really want to get way more into the hobby.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Baltimore Rifle is one of the easiest to join. I think
    It's $25 year plus your $175 range badge. (Which is now 1/2 price for the rest of the year)
    There is a steel plate/pin shoot at the pistol range there tomorrow from 12-4:30 run by the Stemmers Run Club and it's open to the public if you're interested. Would give you a chance to shoot a little and look at the facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The easiest way to explain it is this...
    The AGC Marriottsville Range is a co-op range facility for a whole bunch of gun clubs. You need to be a member of one of the co-op clubs before you can buy a range badge.

As stated previously, Baltimore Rifle Club is the easiest to join- $25 + range badge. It is essentially a loose knit club whose main purpose is to "join a club" in order to get a range badge.

Jun 20, 2017
    Is joining ACG a good idea for me if i live in Montgomery county? I bought 1000 damn rounds of green tip ammo I cant use at TMGN (i'm a member there). So i'm looking for somewhere to shoot them!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Hi Everyone,

It is a bit confusing but like others have said, there are no frills clubs (Baltimore Rifle and MD State Rifle and Pistol come to mind) and then there are high activity clubs (Monumental, Arlington, Stemmer's Run, Mt. Washington) and specialty clubs (like Marriottsville MuzzleLoaders).

If you want a quick tour, just let me know. I give a fairly unbiased tour even though I am the president of Monumental Rifle and Pistol and the secretary for MD State Rifle and Pistol Association.

The times for shooting are 8AM-8PM or dusk Monday-Friday and from 9AM-8PM or dusk on Sat/Sun. The range is closed at 2PM on Thanksgiving and all day for Christmas and New Year's Day. So basically you can shoot almost every day of the year!

Is joining ACG a good idea for me if i live in Montgomery county? I bought 1000 damn rounds of green tip ammo I cant use at TMGN (i'm a member there). So i'm looking for somewhere to shoot them!

Where in Monkey County? You don't need to tell us, just Google map your house to Marriottsville MD and see how long it takes. EX- Brookeville or Olney is <30min away. Conversely, Potomac is an hour without traffic.

If you're willing to travel, I would trade a case of Wolf Gold (the good stuff) even up for your green tips. I'm not pressed, so you would need to come to me.

Jun 20, 2017
    Where in Monkey County? You don't need to tell us, just Google map your house to Marriottsville MD and see how long it takes. EX- Brookeville or Olney is <30min away. Conversely, Potomac is an hour without traffic.

If you're willing to travel, I would trade a case of Wolf Gold (the good stuff) even up for your green tips. I'm not pressed, so you would need to come to me.

I'm over in Gaithersburg.

that sounds like a pretty good offer, maybe we can meet up at a range some weekend? I'd be willing to trade up 500 rounds if you want. The rounds I bought are PPU green tip 5.56.

I'm over in Gaithersburg.

that sounds like a pretty good offer, maybe we can meet up at a range some weekend? I'd be willing to trade up 500 rounds if you want. The rounds I bought are PPU green tip 5.56.

AGC would be a haul for you. However, "we" have outdoor lanes up to 200yds.
    I work Sun-Thurs and live at the NW side of 695- a stone's throw from I-695 and I-795

Jun 20, 2017
    AGC would be a haul for you. However, "we" have outdoor lanes up to 200yds.
    I work Sun-Thurs and live at the NW side of 695- a stone's throw from I-695 and I-795

its not much different that driving to TMGN. The joys of living in Montgomery county :sad20:. I'll let you know if i can make it up this Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom