• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Found them last night. Walked to the back of the property to find a good location to watch the fireworks. Bats were out in force to scoop up the early evening insects.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Saw my first bats this year. There were 4 or 5 in the back yard. Hopefully eating mosquitoes.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I take the dog (GSP) for a walk (on a 50' check cord) late in the evening on a grass field around dusk and he has a ball chasing the bats... it's hilarious to watch, cause you can barely see the bats, even if at all at dark, yet he has no problem other than he can't get the 10-15' up in the air to get one of em... Runs all over chasing them and I swear, they just taunt him to anger him more... :lol2:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I've been keeping my eyes up at dusk ever since I first saw this thread. I see quite a few bats here on the farm, but definitely not the numbers I used to. :(

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    I was out around dusk two weeks back at the Abingdon IWL. A fair number of bats were flying about over the small parking lot, perhaps one flyover every 10-15 seconds.

hlpdobro

Sep 23, 2006
    Frederick Co MD
    I just paid attention to this thread as a bat somehow got into the house a couple of days ago while we were eating dinner.

My first thought was a bird..A very quiet bird..but no.

Graceful flyer and immediately went out the offered open door.

The dogs were very confused.

h

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    We have quite a few at our house- nesting behind a 2nd story shutter.
    I'm in Baltimore County; NW side of I-695

My wife heard some scratching outside of a window this morning and I immediately thought that we had bats behind our shutter. I opened the window and started tapping on the shutter and there was one back there moving around. I think they are behind most of our upstairs shutters and we see them every night.

Not sure if they will cause any problems back there but I was thinking about getting a few bat houses in the yard as I would rather them stay there.

Any issues with them getting behind the shutters besides possibly pushing the screws away from the brick?

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Funny, I moved to MD in 2004 and had never seen (or noticed) any bats in the Hollywood/Lexington Park area - until last month. For a few weeks I swear they were swarming my area. I'd go outside just before dusk and there would be 15-20 of those buggers flying around just above my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom