• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Still, it would've been kinda cool if your wife, instead of running past #3 to join you, had grabbed #3, picked him up over her head, and flung him bodily into the gorge.

Maybe a little scary since you have to live with her, though.

Better yet stuck her gun in his face and said "Do you feel lucky....punk?"

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The .380 auto. It's so flat, light and slips right in my pocket. And light is a concern when I have to do a lotta walking. I know a .380 is supposed to be iffy but it beats the heck outta not having anything.

And I am 100%sure that those "gentlemen" were plying their only trade.

Probably just their side job since their primary support no doubt comes from the Dole and SNAP/EBT. Because money from selling drugs doesn't count as income.

I already used this to reinforce my wife's SA. Thank you for posting.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Still, it would've been kinda cool if your wife, instead of running past #3 to join you, had grabbed #3, picked him up over her head, and flung him bodily into the gorge.

Maybe a little scary since you have to live with her, though.

That would have been cool. Or pushed him down the stairs into a bloody heep scaring the other two into jumping into the gorge.

But your right, I would have to listen to how she saved me forever, lol

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    Looking to take my daughter out to Spruce Knob or somewhere thereabouts in a few weeks before she starts college. Want her to get an overnight and real view of the night sky without city lights mucking it up.

Was already planning on traveling loaded for bear (it's in the park brochure :p), but this is a solid reaffirmation of that idea.

Thank you for sharing.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Looking to take my daughter out to Spruce Knob or somewhere thereabouts in a few weeks before she starts college. Want her to get an overnight and real view of the night sky without city lights mucking it up.

Was already planning on traveling loaded for bear (it's in the park brochure :p), but this is a solid reaffirmation of that idea.

Thank you for sharing.

Spruce Knob is actually well-populated by like-minded people seeking an astronomical epiphany themselves, on dark nights. I seriously doubt you'd ever run into trouble there. That being said, anytime I'm anywhere that remote, I'm cautious and prepared.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    You sure opened my eyes to something that would not have crossed my mind out there in WV. Thank you. Very happy you both came out of it the way you did.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    Glad you were in America and not in occupied Marylandistan when this happened. By your account this went as well as it could have.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    This just shows that WV unlike MD has no compassion, or caring for hard working scum bags trying to make a living in a safe environment. :)

Sounds like you handled the situation very well, glad that you and the missus were unharmed, and that the encounter resolved without the need for a lawyer.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up 44man. The wife and I will be in the seneca rocks/spruce knob area this weekend and I wasn't going to carry but your story made me think twice so I bought an IWB holster for our trip. Growing up in maryland has definitely taken its toll on me, it actually seems weird to carry but it'll be my first time out in america armed and no longer defenseless.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have to say, 3 against 1 initially, I probably wouldn't have been so reserved.
    Ask yourself, could you have actually done it?
    What's your bottom line up front? what would/could you have done differently? If anything. Do you think you would have wanted a larger caliber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom