• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    MDS 308 Smiley target. ( more like angry birds)
    M1A -149 grain FMJ/ Malaysian surplus @ 50 yards( 3" diameter target)

As Lx1X said: take a picture or it did not happen.

Center was shot at 100 yards

Attachments

• mdssmiley308.jpg
      mdssmiley308.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 854
    • Angry_Birds_pig2.jpg
      Angry_Birds_pig2.jpg
      10.3 KB · Views: 808
    Last edited:

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I certainly had a good time. LX1X had that AR10 dialed in. AR10 envy. I am shaking my fist at Jmira’s Rem700, lol. There was a 3” (or maybe 4") target at 100 yards shooting off hand. When the trigger broke the sight picture was absolutely perfect. I do not think I have ever seen a sight picture that good. I was 100% sure I had that target. The bullet struck high. Then he mentions the rifle might be shooting high.:lol2: I completely blew the next two shots. Apparently I spent all of my talent on the first shot.:lol2:

Great fun though.:thumbsup::party29:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    MDS 308 Smiley target. ( more like angry birds)
    M1A -149 grain FMJ/ Malaysian surplus @ 50 yards( 3" diameter target)

As Lx1X said: take a picture or it did not happen.

That's hilarious Scar! So when we going to have Mosin day? ;)

Had a good time today and as always nice seeing you guys. Thanks Inigoes for letting me shoot few rounds with the BAR. That was an awesome experience. Blue.. reminder to let me know if another M1 comes in the shop! You found a great deal with that rifle.

Next time i'll remember the base for my tacticool umbrella. Hot sun on my black hair/head sucks. Gave me a big headache.

Edit: almost forgot. Jmira thank your dad for the posters for me again. Will hang some in my workshop. :party29:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Next weekend is Mosin day.

We really cant shoot for groups.. so maybe clay pigeons at the berm.

Lx1x.. just keep this low key,...Where is the safety on the Mosin- Nagant rifle?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    My wife and I was there this morning at 8:30am sharp at the clay range. The first shot heard was me at the clay range. We shot until about 9:30 until some old dude and his little mexican/chinese buddy showed up and got set up right in our way like they owned the place.

I'm confident the rules state "one shooter at a time"?? He decided he wanted to set up on the left, since, we were throwing to the right, but, he squeezed his ass right up in the way.

Screw Myrtle Grove. I don't think they will be getting another $40.00 from us after the 31st. Tired of dealing with idiots down there, This is the 4th safety issue we've had down there this year.

Buddy, you had several choices at this point, you could have said somethign to the guy, ignore him and keep shooting or leave. It looks like you did the latter.

This is part of the issue people not pointing out things that are wrong. If It was me I would have said something to him and if he still didnt wait it would have been on from there. In a perfect world he would have asked to shoot with you and all have a good time

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Buddy, you had several choices at this point, you could have said somethign to the guy, ignore him and keep shooting or leave. It looks like you did the latter.

This is part of the issue people not pointing out things that are wrong. If It was me I would have said something to him and if he still didnt wait it would have been on from there. In a perfect world he would have asked to shoot with you and all have a good time

WRONG RICKY. I did confront the guy right to his face when he come in there and threw his crap right in front of the table, right in our way, as to claim the next spot on the deck. He said something like "which direction are you throwing, and I'll set up on the other side" and I told him I was not comfortable with him and his buddy shooting beside us on the deck, and I told him we don't stay very long anyway when it's just her and I. I also explained to him that there is only one shooter permitted at a time as per the range rules, but, this old bastard decided to do what he felt, which pissed me and my wife off and we left.

I'm trying to concentrate on shooting clays and she looks at me like WTF? and then I notice the guy has grabbed his stuff and set his thrower up on my right side towards the gravel pit and him and pedro are ready to shoot, I mean bold, this old fella had a big set of nuts yesterday and I've never met anyone more impatient in my life, except for the 4 young military yahoos who came in and did the same thing. I assume they all have more right to be there then we did????? I don't think so. These fellas all but pushed us right back down the path, so, this being the 4th strike going to the clay range...

If this old guy and pedro had of come in there and not been so frigging bold, my wife and I are more than happy to share our clays, shells, and thrower, and we can all make it a group thing and maybe make some new friends, but, this fella obviously felt we were HIS way.

Here are the clay range rules from another thread on this fine forum:

TRAP RANGE:
    1. Shooting is permitted at thrown clay targets only. Shooting at stationary targets is prohibited,
    2. All shooting and target throwing must take place from behind the wooden timbers.
    3. Shotguns with shot only are allowed. Shot sizes larger than T (.20") are prohibited. Slugs and Buckshot are prohibited.
    4. Only one "party" of shooters permitted at any time on the range.
    5. Possession of handguns or rifles on the trap range is prohibited.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    SOMDSHOOT,

I was on your side up until you start posting terms like "Pedro" and "little mexican/chinese buddy". Please tone down on your use of racial crap.

scar

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Next weekend is Mosin day.

We really cant shoot for groups.. so maybe clay pigeons at the berm.

Lx1x.. just keep this low key,...Where is the safety on the Mosin- Nagant rifle?

Pull the bolt knob at the back and twist to the left. Or the other one.. put the bolt just a bit to the right and pull the trigger. It should go down by itself (but DO NOT DO THE LAST ONE.. heard story that it may cause accidental discharge). Learned a lot recently by surfing. Just restained my other mosin and will shellac it tomorrow. Hope it turned out ok. :)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Pull the bolt knob at the back and twist to the left. Or the other one.. put the bolt just a bit to the right and pull the trigger. It should go down by itself (but DO NOT DO THE LAST ONE.. heard story that it may cause accidental discharge). Learned a lot recently by surfing. Just restained my other mosin and will shellac it tomorrow. Hope it turned out ok. :)

Googled that safety too.. pull back and twist to the left:thumbsup:

Just got done cleaning up the Mosin. Broken all the parts down, used touch up blue on the steel parts. Got done with the cosmoline removal and stained the wood. I'm going to use tung oil to refinish it.

Some folks may say it will screw up the value? but I want a shooter.. something that will sustain a windex and hot water bath after corrosive ammo. I'm thinking polyurethane satin for a final coat on the stock.

My wifey saw it and actually likes the rifle. :thumbsup:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Just got done cleaning up the Mosin. Broken all the parts down, used touch up blue on the steel parts. Got done with the cosmoline removal and stained the wood. I'm going to use tung oil to refinish it.

Some folks may say it will screw up the value? but I want a shooter.. something that will sustain a windex and hot water bath after corrosive ammo. I'm thinking polyurethane satin for a final coat on the stock.

You guys need some period SVT-40s to go with thse mosins :)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So when are the russians going to invade MG?

I need to get the little ruskies out of deep storage for that shoot...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

I just practice on one. If i like the outcome ill redo the stain on the other. Didn't loose the markings on wood so i hope i didn't harm it badly. Did not sand the whole stock just used lots of denatured alcohol and lightgly sand the edges to remove some splinters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom