• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    This is a Facebook page to bring awareness that local small business Bars and Restaurants are still shut down. Some may never be able to reopen if things don't change soon.

There is a rally this Saturday May 23 at 11:00 am to show your support.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-05-20 114516.jpg
      Annotation 2020-05-20 114516.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 566

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I wish all businesses would open. An unconstitutional law is not a law. Tired of all this political nonsense.

Jul 1, 2012
    This is what bothers me... there was an inflection point - in the wrong direction - about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be consistent, with the number of cases pretty much doubling in that time frame. Maybe more testing, maybe people getting complacent, who knows. But it certainly isn't flattening out down here. Interesting it's fairly consistent across age groups too other than <20.
    Charlotte Hall Veterans home accounts for almost half of the total cases though (143 total, 97 residents and 46 staff!!) so maybe that's what caused the uptick?
    http://www.smchd.org/covid-19-data/

Attachments

• StMarys-19.jpg
      StMarys-19.jpg
      33.7 KB · Views: 324

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I believe that the more they test, the more cases they’ll find. The statistics everyone was worried about was the amount of hospital beds and icu beds available. I think the numbers I heard the other night was something like 20,000 beds in Maryland hospitals but during this whole mess only 1,700 were being used. Look at NY, they sent the hospital ship up and it didn’t get used

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Numbers don't tell the story. Those "positive" numbers have been so doctored up that none of them can be trusted.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Numbers don't tell the story. Those "positive" numbers have been so doctored up that none of them can be trusted.

Care to elaborate?

I'm curious on how you think they are being doctored. Do you mean that they aren't reporting accurately, skewing towards over reporting/number inflation, or under reporting?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Its testing, this nursing center outbreak is top priority Hogan himself 2 Saturdays ago made Charlotte Hall Vets home received something like 800 kits not positive of 800 number second hand info .Vets home tested all residents 2 weeks ago.My mom tested positive asymptomatic with no symptoms but quarantined along with 80 some others.

Last edited:

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Care to elaborate?

I'm curious on how you think they are being doctored. Do you mean that they aren't reporting accurately, skewing towards over reporting/number inflation, or under reporting?

More than likely doing what Virginia is doing. Testing 1 person that tests positive then test them again in a week then test again the next week. This process can give 3 positive results on one person but they use the 3 to inflate the numbers. Do that to 10 people and you can have up to 30 positive tests. I need to find the article where that was discussed.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I believe that the more they test, the more cases they’ll find. The statistics everyone was worried about was the amount of hospital beds and icu beds available. I think the numbers I heard the other night was something like 20,000 beds in Maryland hospitals but during this whole mess only 1,700 were being used. Look at NY, they sent the hospital ship up and it didn’t get used

This is a statistical reality. The hope is that the increase in the 'denominator' (total tested) will prove an overall lower percentage of "known cases". Of course, anomalies happen, but that's the 'norm'.

I wouldn't say doctored but believe they use whatever numbers they want for the desired agenda.

See the main Wuhan thread for what might just be an example of fudging for effect, in a story from The Atlantic, of all places.

More than likely doing what Virginia is doing. Testing 1 person that tests positive then test them again in a week then test again the next week. This process can give 3 positive results on one person but they use the 3 to inflate the numbers. Do that to 10 people and you can have up to 30 positive tests. I need to find the article where that was discussed.

Maryland has been aggregating negative tests from individuals. Tell me how that gives us accurate information?!

These entities are playing into a simple fact... people hate math, believe their leaders, and won't think proportionally. The vast majority of people simply--and vapidly--accept what comes in their daily Cracker Jack box.

Critical thinking? Yeah right.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Care to elaborate?

I have one example on how they are fudging numbers. My wife's aunt has tested negative 3 times but the say she has it because of an MRI. So if you test negative but they think you have it you have it. If that's not doctoring numbers I don't know what is. I've heard of other cases but I have only first hand knowledge of this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom