Vz 58 vs Arsenal 104. What would you choose?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would you choose?

• Vz 58

Votes: 30 58.8%
    • Arsenal 104-51

Votes: 21 41.2%

• Total voters

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Did you leave yours in beaverbarf or update it?

My handguard is nice but stupid heavy... Thinking of getting the polymer one the Czechs themselves use.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    I use the polymer one. Getting ready to replace the metal paratrooper stock with the RS Regulate adapter/Magpul zhukov stock. Got a side rail on there with an RS Regulate optics rail.

I actually like the small side folding metal stock, but it is not conducive to using optics.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Are there thermal reasons not to use red dots on the upper handguard directly above the gas tube? Russians themselves argue this back and forth...

Does the polymer handguard hold zero robustly when disassembled/reassembled for cleaning or have you not tried?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have a vz58, century put together. Don’t know what the aresenal is. I like the vz. Its compact and the rd is cheap tomshoot. Mine has a folding stock. Sights are a bit off as bought, and there is no heat shield under the forestock so it gets very hot. Its decent. Mags are hard to come by in md, but i have picked them up for $30 or so at pa shows. Its decent. No slam fires as some were written to be prone to do.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Are there thermal reasons not to use red dots on the upper handguard directly above the gas tube? Russians themselves argue this back and forth...

Does the polymer handguard hold zero robustly when disassembled/reassembled for cleaning or have you not tried?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
    No idea. I don't like mounting optics that far forward so I haven't tried. The side rail solution works well for me so that's what I use on my commie guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom