• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Good stuff Erwos. Tim is a good guy and has either assisted or been a fellow student in a number of classes I've taken. I plan to do his other Shotgun class in 2019 (waiting on my stamp), so maybe I'll see you there.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Good stuff Erwos. Tim is a good guy and has either assisted or been a fellow student in a number of classes I've taken. I plan to do his other Shotgun class in 2019 (waiting on my stamp), so maybe I'll see you there.
    That would be great! Definitely hoping to see a shotgun skills class on a Sunday so I can attend. Like I said in the post, kinda unsure what my gear is going to look like; I could probably manipulate my 870 to be a little more like what Tim is looking for, but I've kinda soured on pumps period.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    That would be great! Definitely hoping to see a shotgun skills class on a Sunday so I can attend. Like I said in the post, kinda unsure what my gear is going to look like; I could probably manipulate my 870 to be a little more like what Tim is looking for, but I've kinda soured on pumps period.

Looks like the two he has planned for 2019 are on Saturdays. But, if you want another option, Tom Givens will do his shotgun class on Friday May 31 at the same venue. I took it last year and it excellent. Also, Green Ops offers shotgun classes now as well.

Why no love for the pump, or even the gauge in general? Givens' class convinced me of its efficacy, which was why I soon afterwards ordered an SBS.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Looks like the two he has planned for 2019 are on Saturdays. But, if you want another option, Tom Givens will do his shotgun class on Friday May 31 at the same venue. I took it last year and it excellent. Also, Green Ops offers shotgun classes now as well.
    Friday the 31st is totally a possibility given how late sundown is that day! I just gotta take off work, which is not a huge deal. I guess I could get back home by 8:30PM if I left Culpeper at 6PM... maybe.

Why no love for the pump, or even the gauge in general? Givens' class convinced me of its efficacy, which was why I soon afterwards ordered an SBS.
    Vis a vis pumps... too heavy, and working the pump felt like wasted effort. If this were like 1990 and semis were always unreliable, I think I might feel differently, but a 1301 can cycle most anything. Hell, my Saiga 12 can cycle most anything.

I have no beef with shotguns, but am still failing to appreciate tube-fed shotguns, vs detachable mag guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom