• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I ordered a rail/shell carrier for an 870 from Mesa and went to put it on today.

Neither of the 2 Chicago screws it came with fit through the hole in the carrier.
    I called and spoke with them and they aid, "Oh yeah, we had a machinist mess up and the holes were too small on some of them. Just take a drill and open the hole up a little."

My first time ordering anything from them. Is this typical of products from them? I don't like spending premium money and having to break out the tools to fix their screw ups.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I ordered a rail/shell carrier for an 870 from Mesa and went to put it on today.

Neither of the 2 Chicago screws it came with fit through the hole in the carrier.
    I called and spoke with them and they aid, "Oh yeah, we had a machinist mess up and the holes were too small on some of them. Just take a drill and open the hole up a little."

My first time ordering anything from them. Is this typical of products from them? I don't like spending premium money and having to break out the tools to fix their screw ups.

That excuse would prevent me from ever spending money with them.

The correct response: "We're very sorry to hear that, Mr. 2SAM22. We'll send you out a new carrier immediately. And shipping is on our dime. We'll include a prepaid return shipping label for the defective item as well. Please return it at your earliest convenience."

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I would return it. The second you put a drill to it, they will tell you the warranty is void and you're SOL. Plus it's probably more than just drilling and needs to be re-tapped.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Nowhere near the norm for Mesa as far as product goes. Having spent hundreds with them (at my cost) and installed thousands of dollars of their products everything went together easy peasy*. Can't remember offhand if their stuff is steel or aluminum but if it's steel drill it and paint it, BUT if it's aluminum I'd ask for an RMA so they can fix and reanodize if necessary.

*my experience is a few years old.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    That excuse would prevent me from ever spending money with them.

The correct response: "We're very sorry to hear that, Mr. 2SAM22. We'll send you out a new carrier immediately. And shipping is on our dime. We'll include a prepaid return shipping label for the defective item as well. Please return it at your earliest convenience."
    That response from them is kind of what I was expecting. Instead I got, you can either drill it or send it back and we'll do it.
    I drilled it because patience isn't my greatest virtue.
    I have several hundred dollars (at least) worth of product from them on my "to buy" list for various projects.
    I have to seriously reconsider.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom