• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    There were actually 6 scheduled. Three resolved with msp before they started and three no shows.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The vast numbers of no shows, along with the history of missing files, lost paperwork, short notification deadlines, wrong phone numbers and addresses listed on the website ect, doesn't inspire confidence in their notification process.

3 resolved in the hallway. This is getting absurd. Msp and the board has know these applicants were scheduled for months. Thats 3 slots that could have gone to others at best, and 3 lost opportunities to set precedents at worst. This is the definition of slow rolling.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The vast numbers of no shows, along with the history of missing files, lost paperwork, short notification deadlines, wrong phone numbers and addresses listed on the website ect, doesn't inspire confidence in their notification process.

3 resolved in the hallway. This is getting absurd. Msp and the board has know these applicants were scheduled for months. Thats 3 slots that could have gone to others at best, and 3 lost opportunities to set precedents at worst. This is the definition of slow rolling.

I believe the issue was again that the applicants had additional info and did not submit it to the MSP. They(HPRB) supposedly gave the info to the MSP and they agreed to issue permits.

While I agree with this, in that they give the MSP the additional info, they could hear the case instead of giving the MSP a second crack at things. The additional info is being given because the MSP did not issue the permit initially, the applicant should not be caving to the MSP and should take their original case to the board, hold any additional info as a last resort.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I believe the issue was again that the applicants had additional info and did not submit it to the MSP. They supposedly gave the info to the MSP and they agreed to issue permits.

While I agree with this, in that they give the MSP the additional info, they could hear the case instead of giving the MSP a second crack at things. The additional info is being given because the MSP did not issue the permit initially, the applicant should not be caving to the MSP and should take their original case to the board.

Actually, this may be good for the MoMs Demand action folks.. They will stop going to meetings...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Actually, this may be good for the MoMs Demand action folks.. They will stop going to meetings...

I am not worried about them. They have no clue what the hell they are seeing at these meetings. One lone person showed up to one meeting. No a big concern of mine.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    They(HPRB) supposedly gave the info to the MSP and they agreed to issue permits.

Are there any solid first hand accounts of these hallway deals, how and why they happen?

New info provided through the HPBR to MSP before the board is in session doesn't make sense.

At beginning of a hearing the board is always saying it is the first time they see the case documents and they ask for a few minutes to look the docs over.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Are there any solid first hand accounts of these hallway deals, how and why they happen?

New info provided through the HPBR to MSP before the board is in session doesn't make sense.

At beginning of a hearing the board is always saying it is the first time they see the case documents and they ask for a few minutes to look the docs over.

I was not there in person, but my understanding is that the applicant had new info that was not originally presented to the MSP. The MSP likely issued a shortage letter which was not responded to by the applicant. This additional info is sent to the HPRB with the appeal and the HPRB send to the MSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    The reason info doesn't get presented to the MSP is that the MSP doesn't ask for it. They ask for police reports and tell you that you'll be denied otherwise.

Then the MSP acts confused and indignant when perfectly acceptable but not requested info is given to the HPRB.

IMHO it is a game being played by the MSP that achieves nothing but delaying issuance of permits.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    How is the Board forwarding info to MSP prior to the hearing when they insist the first they see any case info, new or old, is at the beginning of the applicants hearing?

Any why don't these applicant send the new info into the informal review?
    The request for HPRB hearing and request for informal review are in the same letter. I think they are even on the top and bottom of the same page.

The "new info" angle just doesn't make sense to me.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

No, this is the definition of Maryland. This act has GOT to get cleaned up. I have to wonder if the Attention Demanding Moms' attendance made the LD folks more amenable to playing Let's Make a Deal in the hallway. Hmmm...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The reason info doesn't get presented to the MSP is that the MSP doesn't ask for it. They ask for police reports and tell you that you'll be denied otherwise.

Then the MSP acts confused and indignant when perfectly acceptable but not requested info is given to the HPRB.

IMHO it is a game being played by the MSP that achieves nothing but delaying issuance of permits.

BAM! NAILED IT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom