• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    She knew that she'd been gerrymandered out anyway it would appear. It's a sad loss, Dutch will crush her and we will have lost a real friend.

SigXFive

Mar 9, 2008
    Towson, Maryland
    Nancy Jacob is a blessing for us. She is a great ally for the entire state. The only way Ruppersburger could crush her is if he sat on her by accident.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Looking at Dutch's seat. An email from her campaign:

MARYLAND SENATOR NANCY JACOBS FORMS EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE
    http://www.nancyjacobsformaryland.com
    Considers Run for Congress in 2nd District

Dec 5, 2011

State Senator Nancy Jacobs has been a leader in passing key laws to crack down on gang violence and protect our children from sexual predators with legislation such as Jessica's Law. She has been a steadfast ally to the small business community and has consistently promoted job creation and investment legislation indicated by her 92% cumulative rating from Maryland Business for Responsive Government.

Now Jacobs is strongly considering a bid for the 2nd Congressional District in an effort to take the people's fight to Washington. She has just formed an Exploratory Committee to prepare for a potential run for Congress.

Senator Jacobs is tired of the excuses coming from Washington and knows it's time to challenge the Beltway status quo. "Congress exists to serve the people and they are failing miserably. It's time to shake things up in D.C. I have always cared deeply about the community in which I live, work and have raised my family. I want to continue to work to improve the lives of people in our community with more job opportunities, a stronger economy and a brighter future for our families."

Senator Ed Reilly, Minority Whip, reflected upon Nancy Jacobs' tenure as Senate Minority Leader. "It has been an honor to be under her consistent, grounded leadership. She cares about families, about the community and she is committed to serve. If Nancy decides to run, I will support her any way I can."

Jacobs fights hard for Maryland children and families. She is tough on criminals and gangs. She champions business growth and job creation and works to make Maryland more business friendly. That kind of advocacy is just what's needed in Washington.

For more information contact NancyJacobsForMaryland@gmail.com or call Suzanne at (717) 779-4721

Visit http://www.nancyjacobsformaryland.com for downloads of photos and text.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    While I wish her well...I'm concerned about what this means for the MD Senate Judiciary Committee.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    While I wish her well...I'm concerned about what this means for the MD Senate Judiciary Committee.

The good news is that you don't need the worry about that. The bad news is that it was FUBAR in the first place and has been for a number of years. The House had formerly been our best bet to block heinous legislation but it too is stacked against us moreso than in years past.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Hell, I'll work for her campaign if need be, but I expect Dutch to win easily and Art Helton will be our new state senator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom