• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • localbuyer

Jun 12, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hi All:

Found this site while searching for shooting lessons for my two sons. This is a great site with lots of info.

I plan to start with .22LR and might get a P22 and a M&P15-22.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Take a look at these links – LOTS of good info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Forum Rules[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Welcome. Try to go when it's less crowded. I think it's a flat rate and you can shoot anything in that caliber. .22 is perfect to start agreed.

How old about are your sons? Berwyn rod and gun has a free youth 22 rifle program, no membership required, guns/ammo provided by The club Paid for by members like me :)

10:00 Saturday's just show up. Pm me if you need more info.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    Hi! Welcome aboard.

I, too, am in Laurel. I am a newly minted NRA pistol instructor and a member of On Target and Stoney Creek gun club.

Send me a private message if I can help you with any questions or advice.

--Dan

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Welcome from Elkridge... If you are not familiar with 2A Sales and Supplies it is a small gun shop in the Jessup area (corner of Guilford Rd. / US Rt 1 in the rear of the shopping center in suite 211. Mark is an industry partner here on MDS and is highly regarded here by myself and many others.

Check out what else he may have for you in the way of the 22 rifle / handgun... Maybe a Ruger SR-22, he sometimes has them in stock but he can get whatever you want.

Friendly and knowledgable is how I would describe him and his shop.

Good Luck

localbuyer

Jun 12, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Welcome. Try to go when it's less crowded. I think it's a flat rate and you can shoot anything in that caliber. .22 is perfect to start agreed.

How old about are your sons? Berwyn rod and gun has a free youth 22 rifle program, no membership required, guns/ammo provided by The club Paid for by members like me :)

10:00 Saturday's just show up. Pm me if you need more info.

They are 11 and 13. And thank you for your contribution we have been at Berwyn Rod and they had a great time. It’s a great club with very nice people. We will definitely visit it again.
    They also tried traps at PG’s too. Now they like to shoot pistols and tactical type of fire arms, like the Glock , AR15 etc. They probably played too much video games and also want to shoot a missile from a Humvee. I told them to join Army, I can only afford .22 !!! :D

One thing I found is that people into guns for sport are very kind and helpful. They don’t mind helping newbie like us and very patiently explain every detail. Kudo to you all.

Thanks

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    They are 11 and 13. And thank you for your contribution we have been at Berwyn Rod and they had a great time. It’s a great club with very nice people. We will definitely visit it again.
    They also tried traps at PG’s too. Now they like to shoot pistols and tactical type of fire arms, like the Glock , AR15 etc. They probably played too much video games and also want to shoot a missile from a Humvee. I told them to join Army, I can only afford .22 !!! :D

One thing I found is that people into guns for sport are very kind and helpful. They don’t mind helping newbie like us and very patiently explain every detail. Kudo to you all.

Thanks

nice

Last edited:

localbuyer

Jun 12, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Bunch of people here from Laurel, we should do a Laurel and surrounding area, mini-meet-greet sometime. Interested?

Sounds good, we might stop by Fort Meade for the 7/4 if we are still in town.

BTW, any 4H shooting sports groups in the areas? I called the 4H and was surprised to learn there is no 4H youth shooting program in the greater DC/Baltimore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom