• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lord Baltimore

Aug 26, 2010
    My first handgun purchase. Day 12. Update.

X

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Go somewhere else. Seriously. You're paying list price on the gun there. Which Beretta are you looking at? I'm pretty sure one of the local gun shops has it in stock and for less.

Jim

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Hi,

This this is my first post to this forum!:thumbsup:

I bought a Beretta 9mm Saturday at Pro Bass.

The model I wanted was not in stock. I asked if I could order one, they checked and informed that their distributor had 25 in stock, and that I could order one. I paid for it, and was told Pro Bass should have it by the middle of this week, at which time I would get a call, and I would come down, complete all the paperwork and my 7 day wait would begin.

I called Pro Bass yesterday to check and see if the gun had arrived, and I got a different story. I was told Beretta doesnt supply the spend round the MSP wants, and that once Pro Bass gets the gun from their distributor, they will send it to Beretta to fire the round, and Beretta will then return the gun and the spent casing to Pro bass. Once Pro Bass has the gun and the casing they will call me to come fill out the papers and my 7 day wait will begin.

Pro Bass said it could be 1 to 3 weeks before they have the gun and spent casing in the store.

Am I getting the true story here?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

one of the member here works there.. he can prolly answer your question.. (paging smokey!!)

welcome!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Gun Connection in White Marsh can probably save you money on the deal, and definitely save you time. He can take care of the fired shell casing, as well.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Pending word from Smokey, the latest account from the Fish Store may well be true.
    With respect to Smokey, may indeed have been a quicker, sometimes cheraper unless a particular sale, to get from a full service gun store, such as many of our Industry Partners, or other fine stores.

Patrick218

May 17, 2010
    Hi,

This this is my first post to this forum!:thumbsup:

I bought a Beretta 9mm Saturday at Bass Pro.

The model I wanted was not in stock. I asked if I could order one, they checked and informed that their distributor had 25 in stock, and that I could order one. I paid for it, and was told Bass Pro should have it by the middle of this week, at which time I would get a call, and I would come down, complete all the paperwork and my 7 day wait would begin.

I called Bass Pro yesterday to check and see if the gun had arrived, and I got a different story. I was told Beretta doesnt supply the spend round the MSP wants, and that once Bass Pro gets the gun from their distributor, they will send it to Beretta to fire the round, and Beretta will then return the gun and the spent casing to Bass Pro. Once Bass Pro has the gun and the casing they will call me to come fill out the papers and my 7 day wait will begin.

Bass Pro said it could be 1 to 3 weeks before they have the gun and spent casing in the store.

Am I getting the true story here?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

To answer you actual question ,yes, Beretta does this for Bass Pro and I bet you ordered the 92fs or M-1 because they had a big sale a couple of weeks ago and sold out of their in stock "fire-tested" guns.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    First, welcome to the forum!

Second, you chose a nice gun! The Bass Pro experience is not typical of smaller gun shops, but as a newbie, you may not have known all your options. Don't sweat the small stuff.

The spent casing is a garbage MD law. You have to do what you have to do with this. You'll get the gun soon. Yes, you are getting the true story. But some dealers can supply the shell casing without sending the gun back.

Everybody else, give the new guy a break. He's here to learn.

And even though it's the same as every other Beretta, we will need a picture when you get the gun.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    And even though it's the same as every other Beretta, we will need a picture when you get the gun.

True. Heaven help us if you don't... I mean I know it doesn't happen anymore, but if enough people won't post pics, I don't wanna even think about what could be unleashed. :sad20:

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    Beretta does indeed not ship their guns with the casing. Not all states require the spent case (not sure how many beside MD).

MD requires that the casing be fired by the holder of a federal manufacturer's license. Beretta is, obviously, one. There are others.

The last Beretta I bought was from 2A Sales (Industry Partner). They had the gun fired by somebody in Ellicott City with a manufacturer's license. I believe they take their guns once a week there to get them all done at the same time.

If you had gotten the gun at 2A Sales it would not have taken so long, and you wouldn't pay any more for the gun than at BassPro - I assume.

I'm not suggesting only 2A Sales can do this. In fact, I'm sure many other industry partners do it in a similar fashion. It's just that my experience (a good one) was with 2A Sales.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010

Is it also customary that he set the pistol on the floor and take a picture so as to include his foot, or is that only required with pictures of rifles?

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Is it also customary that he set the pistol on the floor and take a picture so as to include his foot, or is that only required with pictures of rifles?

All long guns, so shotguns too, but handguns usually seem to get a pass, I guess because they don't usually need to be set on the floor for a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom