• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I kinda like the idea. It's definitely thinking outside of the box.

I've been trying to get the Mrs. into shooting for the past few years but haven't been very successful in getting her to actually go to the range...but a range that serves-up smoothies and offers yoga classes? That would have some appeal.

Do you know (roughly) where they're planning to locate? I assume it would be an indoor vs. outdoor facility, right?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

I've been trying to get the Mrs. into shooting for the past few years but haven't been very successful in getting her to actually go to the range...but a range that serves-up smoothies and offers yoga classes? That would have some appeal.

Do you know (roughly) where they're planning to locate? I assume it would be an indoor vs. outdoor facility, right?

sounds like its taking over some golf course top greens top fields

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Guntry Club = Shooting range for gulible yuppies who can't stand to be exposed to any actual Gunowners.

On one hand, the more the merrier, options are good.

On the other hand it kinda skeeves me to be the boogie man they are willing to pay double or tripple to keep away from.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    sounds like its taking over some golf course top greens top fields

could it be 'top golf?' that is a heated/covered 'upscale' driving range. beside it is a skydiving simulation. maybe they're adding a shooting range? sterling right at 28 and 7.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

the man with a plan :thumbsup:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Guntry Club = Shooting range for gulible yuppies who can't stand to be exposed to any actual Gunowners.

On one hand, the more the merrier, options are good.

On the other hand it kinda skeeves me to be the boogie man they are willing to pay double or tripple to keep away from.

I know what you mean. Gawd, their target-clientele would be a little unnerving, to say the least, but I would consider it a worthwhile investment if it eased her into shooting in a backhanded way. We both like the area a lot. We're usually down there every weekend during the Summer to buy fresh produce anyway.

I forget the name of the place but five years ago I was working in Tyler, TX for the week and went to a range that offered both indoor and outdoor shooting lanes...and World Class BBQ. I thought that was a great concept!

Petar

Nov 18, 2010

I believe this has been tried before... the original owners of the indoor range right down the road tried the idea and failed miserably. I do not think a self-respecting gun owner would be seen at a place like this.:puke: I guess they are catering to the yuppies and the snowflakes

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    silver eagle armory in ashburn opened as an upscale gun club. expensive memberships. back before the stock and real estate markets crashed and folks had more money than smarts. not sure of how they're doing now.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I believe this has been tried before... the original owners of the indoor range right down the road tried the idea and failed miserably. I do not think a self-respecting gun owner would be seen at a place like this.:puke: I guess they are catering to the yuppies and the snowflakes

Lord knows there's an overabundance of both in that area. I totally relate to what you're saying but, again, that kind of place might actually get my wife to try shooting with me - especially if I agreed to take a yoga class with her as quid pro quo. ;)

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    could it be 'top golf?' that is a heated/covered 'upscale' driving range. beside it is a skydiving simulation. maybe they're adding a shooting range? sterling right at 28 and 7.

Yup. That's where they're planning on putting it.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Just for the record yoga pants SHOULD NOT be made past a size medium.

Just like topless on the beach ain't always a good thing.....

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    So do you think they would frown on Cigarette Butts as earplugs in this new facility you speak of ?

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I heard that they will be located by Rt. 7 and Loudon Parkway, where the Top Golf and Ifly indoor skydiving place is.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't think I could convince Mrs Biggfoot to do Yoga, even if there were a gun range attatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom