• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    :thumbsup:

Like my buddy says when he hears someone say its "mostly" Matching...
    Its like being pregnant, you either are or your not. ;)

My favorite is: All matching. Except the bolt.

I'd rather have a matching bolt/receiver. With mix-master numbers on other parts.

At least you'll have a better shot at decent headspace.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks guys. He had it listed for $400, but it says he'll take 350 in the comments. They have lots of places setup to meet around here for buying/selling anything. Usually at large gas stations. Well lit, security cameras with audio, etc. There's one right next to the police station :D

As I understand it, you just have to remove the fixed box mag to accept the special sks mags. No real mods required.

I had an SKS set up to take mags like that a long time ago...I'm trying to remember the details. You may have to do a little filing/fitting on the mags themselves individually to make them work, but you shouldn't have to mess with the gun (other than removing the fixed mag, which is simple). If I remember correctly, the bolt has to be open to insert or remove those type mags. Not 100% about that. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I had an SKS set up to take mags like that a long time ago...I'm trying to remember the details. You may have to do a little filing/fitting on the mags themselves individually to make them work, but you shouldn't have to mess with the gun (other than removing the fixed mag, which is simple). If I remember correctly, the bolt has to be open to insert or remove those type mags. Not 100% about that. Once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard.

Sometimes the mag well of the stock has to be carved out to accept aftermarket mags.

With a cheese grater, muzzle device and flush fitting 5 round aftermarket mag, one of my SKS's looks like some unknown carbine

drive_accord_ingly

Aug 1, 2007
    MoCo
    Maybe my meds aren't kicking in for some reason but I seem to recall Turners and Big five running back to back $69 sales on those things all day long.

nmyers

Jul 9, 2016
    fb does not permit offers to sell guns. The Maryland guns & ammo group was exterminated by zuckerberg 6 months ago. If a classified ad is still there, get direct contact info before it is zapped.

Don't fool with the hicap mags; if 10 rds isn't enough for you, get an AK.

Yugo SKS's were imported packed with grease. Be sure that you disassemble the bolt & clean inside, in case the previous owner failed to do so. (A stuck firing pin will make it dump the mag on the first round.)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    fb does not permit offers to sell guns. The Maryland guns & ammo group was exterminated by zuckerberg 6 months ago. If a classified ad is still there, get direct contact info before it is zapped.

Don't fool with the hicap mags; if 10 rds isn't enough for you, get an AK.

Yugo SKS's were imported packed with grease. Be sure that you disassemble the bolt & clean inside, in case the previous owner failed to do so. (A stuck firing pin will make it dump the mag on the first round.)

FB must have lightened up on that bc I noticed a few of our IPs are now posting gun fs ads with prices starting a couple months ago.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I think their(FB) issue is Non FFL's selling stuff. I dont think they care of a dealer advertises

Oh ok. I remember a while back they were posting pictures only and specifically stated they couldn't list prices or say they were "for sale" bc of fb rules.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    If you look around, you could possibly find a Russian one for a little more. I see them now and then for $450 or so. IMO, all aftermarket SKS accessories belong in a dumpster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom