• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I have both a .22 bolt-action and M&P 15-22. I'd like to get a suppressor I can use on both: direct thread and QD. Recommendations?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Another vote for a Spectre 2. I don't know of a QD 22 suppressor.
    I have used a spectre on on both bolts and the MP as well as some pistol hosts, Very good multi purpose can with little or no FRP. A big pet pet peeve of mine.
    Be advise if you have the factory threaded MP 15 22, you will need a spacer. The threads on the MP are done to AR standards which is .6 and Silencerco calls for .4 inches.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    My vote goes to the sparrow. No qd, but it's easy enough to mount. Also can't be beat in ease of cleaning

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    My vote goes to the sparrow. No qd, but it's easy enough to mount. Also can't be beat in ease of cleaning

X2, I don't have my sparrow in my hands yet, but after seeing a handful of different 22 cans and how they come apart and are made. I chose the sparrow without thinking twice.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    X2, I don't have my sparrow in my hands yet, but after seeing a handful of different 22 cans and how they come apart and are made. I chose the sparrow without thinking twice.
    You made the right choice. I love mine. Minimal impact shift, cleans up great. The clamshell design is a life saver.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Out of curiosity, I imagine this replaces the birdcage that comes on the 15-22, and the thread protector threads onto the adapter? And in this configuration there's no FH or birdcage?

After you take off the suppressor, you can screw the FH/ birdcage on the adaptor if you want instead of the thread protector.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I didn't bother putting the FH back on. Just the thread protector. seems adequate to me without it. A 22 isn't exactly a cannon as far as flash goes.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I didn't bother putting the FH back on. Just the thread protector. seems adequate to me without it. A 22 isn't exactly a cannon as far as flash goes.

Me too. I have that adaptor on 2 rifles. Seemed kind of silly to put it back on.

Last edited:

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    You made the right choice. I love mine. Minimal impact shift, cleans up great. The clamshell design is a life saver.

I had a gemtech in front of me at duffys and a sparrow. I almost got the gemtech but once he broke down the sparrow as well and I saw the clamshell design I bought it for 2 reasons: 1 cleaning it would be easier in my opinion as the fouling should build up on that, 2 the clamshell should help protect the outer shell of the suppressor, which is the part once destroyed you are out a tax stamp and a suppressor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom