Can someone please ship my mags out of state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    For the love of God. My gun was supposed to have been shipped today, but the FFL I previously contacted has changed their tune and won't even receive mags > 10rd. Called another that will plug them the second they are received. ALl I want is my damn mags shipped to PA, supply my own bore lock, and not get raped on the transfer fee. Is that too much to ask? :mad54:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    For the love of God. My gun was supposed to have been shipped today, but the FFL I previously contacted has changed their tune and won't even receive mags > 10rd. Called another that will plug them the second they are received. ALl I want is my damn mags shipped to PA, supply my own bore lock, and not get raped on the transfer fee. Is that too much to ask? :mad54:

Constitutional Firearms in Laurel should do this for you. Did it for me recently. It may cost you but it's worth it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Shouldn't cost more than $10 for a flat rate box. My last resort is Bollinger. They are super friendly and will handle almost anything. My only concern if how far away it is. Hoping to stay within a 20min drive since I'll have to make two trips since its a handgun :sad20:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Shouldn't cost more than $10 for a flat rate box. My last resort is Bollinger. They are super friendly and will handle almost anything. My only concern if how far away it is. Hoping to stay within a 20min drive since I'll have to make two trips since its a handgun :sad20:

They only charged me for the actual shipping fee which was around $6. No other charges if purchased and ordered through them.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    They only charged me for the actual shipping fee which was around $6. No other charges if purchased and ordered through them.

WHat do you mean if purchased and ordered through them? That's the whole point, I got a smoking deal online and just need someone to do the damn transfer.

Im even more distraught by the fact that I just received a PM telling me to use the FFL that I originally chose who has since turned me down for shipping the mags. This person told me they ordered the EXACT SAME gun I did and the FFL WILL ship the mags out of state for them :mad54:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Its not illegal for a MD FFL to receive or store Hi Caps. Whether or not they are willing to send them out is a whole other story.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    WHat do you mean if purchased and ordered through them? That's the whole point, I got a smoking deal online and just need someone to do the damn transfer.

Im even more distraught by the fact that I just received a PM telling me to use the FFL that I originally chose who has since turned me down for shipping the mags. This person told me they ordered the EXACT SAME gun I did and the FFL WILL ship the mags out of state for them :mad54:

I meant the charge for shipping would be all you would pay if you order through Constitutional. If you buy online and Constitutional accepts the transfer you will pay for the shipping charge plus the transfer fee.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    disaster averted. Original shop agreed to ship mags. I admit I have a short fuse and tend to lose it at the first sign of adversity :banghead:

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV

It's not too easy for us poor slobs in Maryland to take advantage of "smoking deals" on the Internet. By the time you pay for shipping, transfer, a fired shell casing, and shipping the mags out of state, the deal isn't so "smoking" any more.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's not too easy for us poor slobs in Maryland to take advantage of "smoking deals" on the Internet. By the time you pay for shipping, transfer, a fired shell casing, and shipping the mags out of state, the deal isn't so "smoking" any more.

Lucky for me I only have to pay 1 out of 3. It comes with a shell casing and shipping was free :rockon:

Chiteshew

Mar 2, 2014
    Parkville
    The gun shop i just bought a gun from in the past month said they will no longer shit mags out of state per MSP. God this state is stupid, how is it not a set standard....and the standard is stupid anyways!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    The gun shop i just bought a gun from in the past month said they will no longer shit mags out of state per MSP. God this state is stupid, how is it not a set standard....and the standard is stupid anyways!

How is it even a concern of MSP? The FFL isn't transferring the mags to you and you're not receiving them in the state.

Chiteshew

Mar 2, 2014
    Parkville
    No idea...just stating what I was told last visit ti LGS. Of course they took a month to give me my handgun due to lack of notification by the MSP...SO THEY SAY! Both handguns i have bought, the gun shop took a month to get it to me instead of the 8 days. Guess its more of a suggestion...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    How is it even a concern of MSP? The FFL isn't transferring the mags to you and you're not receiving them in the state.

I could see if you were buying the gun from the dealer it might be an issue per the lose wording.

If it's just a transfer and you did not purchase the gun from the dealer I'm not sure why the FFL couldn't get them and then send them out of state...unless I'm reading the strange law wrong.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

If I were them, I'd be hesitant to shit mags in or out-of-state....:lol2:

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie

True, you do need to ck out all the costs to see if its worth it. I got my SR1911 online for a great price. After shipping and the transfer fee I still saved over $130 vs buying local. I would have gladly bought it here but I could not see giving up $130. My Glock and 2 AR lowers were bought in state though :-). I even just gave JoeBobs 47 cents more than I could have gotten the parts I just ordered from him than from Midway :D

jacklewis

Mar 31, 2014
    In md yes it is too much to ask. MD FFL's are running scared. I predict 25% attrition due to their ignorance of the law.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The Gun Shop will do it. Bring them a postage paid and addressed box to make it easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom