• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    +1 to keepshooting's deal. I just got my big school money. I always earmark a little of it for toys.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    DSC01468.jpg

i stacked mine wide, it's gotta suck if you need something out of the bottom can.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    metalman,
    Your quote led me to this very interesting report to the subcommittee for the 1982 Congress. This report makes it abundantly clear (again) to everyone what our founding fathers and the rest of humanity were thinking when the 2nd Amendment was written. http://www.constitution.org/mil/rkba1982.htm

Sorry if I slipped a little off topic, I've never bought more than a couple cases at a time. I could probably carry all the ammo I currently have in a single (very heavy) rucksack if I absolutely had too, if that gives some of you any indication.

I'm waiting for the prices to drop again. When do you guys guess that might happen? Maybe a better question is, what it the right price to start buying again for standard ball 5.56? (you can define what standard is if you like)

Thanks!

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    metalman,
    Your quote led me to this very interesting report to the subcommittee for the 1982 Congress. This report makes it abundantly clear (again) to everyone what our founding fathers and the rest of humanity were thinking when the 2nd Amendment was written. http://www.constitution.org/mil/rkba1982.htm

Sorry if I slipped a little off topic, I've never bought more than a couple cases at a time. I could probably carry all the ammo I currently have in a single (very heavy) rucksack if I absolutely had too, if that gives some of you any indication.

I'm waiting for the prices to drop again. When do you guys guess that might happen? Maybe a better question is, what it the right price to start buying again for standard ball 5.56? (you can define what standard is if you like)

Thanks!

thats a question that has no answer other than buy it if you can afford it.
    Ammo is a commodity, if you buy now and it goes up then you guessed right, if not, oh well. with the current Admin. I don't think it will go much lower, JMHO.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    thats a question that has no answer other than buy it if you can afford it.
    Ammo is a commodity, if you buy now and it goes up then you guessed right, if not, oh well. with the current Admin. I don't think it will go much lower, JMHO.

true enough. thats why I buy as much as possible. Guns and ammo usually only appreciate in value. Like you said, with the current admin I do not think any of us will be losing money anytime soon.

-Z

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    true enough. thats why I buy as much as possible. Guns and ammo usually only appreciate in value. Like you said, with the current admin I do not think any of us will be losing money anytime soon.

-Z

If prices do go down, we won't be complaining anyway! That just means you can get more!

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I lost count somewhere around 30k rounds of ammo. Too much trouble to pull it all out right now. Something like 18k rounds of 22LR, 6k of 7.62x39, 3k of .223, and about 1k of assorted handgun ammo. Just enough for some home protection (and a zombie apocalypse :innocent0 )

TheSwiftOne

Nov 24, 2008
    I'm probably not in the running but I took this today. Cabin fever so I re-inventoried...

Attachments

• CIMG3294sm.JPG
      CIMG3294sm.JPG
      62.4 KB · Views: 457

GunAddict

GunAddict
    Apr 15, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I guess this is why that Japanese admiral said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. Not only a rifle, but a shit load of ammo to go with em.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I lost count somewhere around 30k rounds of ammo. Too much trouble to pull it all out right now. Something like 18k rounds of 22LR, 6k of 7.62x39, 3k of .223, and about 1k of assorted handgun ammo. Just enough for some home protection (and a zombie apocalypse :innocent0 )

Addict- here I am thinking (or my wife so says...) that I am a lunatic by keeping in excess of x,xxx rounds of various calibers, and that if found, Big Brother would send me to room 101 for torture...I have woken up in sweat with anxiety attacks after dreaming that the MSP would bust my door, kill my dog, bound my family and keep us hostage while performing a warrantless search for ammo in my house...or that the HoCo FD would fine me for having an inordinate amount of flammable/explosive material without a license or a proper bunker-flooding system...

And then I read your post...and I feel elated, validated, jealous, embarrassed, and relieved at the same time...:cool:

Last edited:

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Ammo stash? Picture is missing from here in my dorm, but picture one of those little mag pouches that come with a Mosin from KeepShooting, stuffed with 30 rounds of Brown Bear and Russian milsurp.

That's right. 30 rounds.

And then I come on here and see that I am need of more ammo, and more guns to shoot it with.

***Edited to clarify: "stash" is at my house in MD, not in my dorm in VA.

Also, not to thread jack, but one of my friends saved a 9mm Parabellum from his first range trip. He nearly crapped himself when I showed him the 54R casing...

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Please come to my home unannounced. :innocent0

(This a stock photo, actually....I need to get some ammo)

Attachments

• DSC05348.jpg
      DSC05348.jpg
      98.3 KB · Views: 273

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads