• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just wondering....what’s the record? Anyone have a single digit post ban? If you can’t be civil then DON’T BE.

First, it's actually pretty uncommon for anyone to get banned at all, contrary to popular mythology.

Second, it's exceedingly rare for someone to not get warnings, or incremental infractions before being banned, even temporarily.

That being said, some behaviors are so basically uncivil that they cannot be chalked up to a misunderstanding or an imprudent moment, and thus warrant a vacation.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    First, it's actually pretty uncommon for anyone to get banned at all, contrary to popular mythology.

Second, it's exceedingly rare for someone to not get warnings, or incremental infractions before being banned, even temporarily.

That being said, some behaviors are so basically uncivil that they cannot be chalked up to a misunderstanding or an imprudent moment, and thus warrant a vacation.

Thanks to Norton and all the mods here for helping keep this community a useful and contributing place. I know it's a tough job, and y'all do it very well!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thanks to Norton and all the mods here for helping keep this community a useful and contributing place. I know it's a tough job, and y'all do it very well!

You'd be surprised at how little hands on work we have to do with people these days. After nearly 13 years, the community largely understands expectations and self-polices itself.

Our goal is compliance with some basic expectations, and we actually work pretty damned hard to not have to boot people.

Hell, I've even open up windows where we have actively solicited perma-banned people with an opportunity to ask for reconsideration for reinstatement. Unfortunately, in most of those cases, the responses I got mostly reinforced why they got banned in the first place. :lol2:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You'd be surprised at how little hands on work we have to do with people these days. After nearly 13 years, the community largely understands expectations and self-polices itself.

Our goal is compliance with some basic expectations, and we actually work pretty damned hard to not have to boot people.

Hell, I've even open up windows where we have actively solicited perma-banned people with an opportunity to ask for reconsideration for reinstatement. Unfortunately, in most of those cases, the responses I got mostly reinforced why they got banned in the first place. :lol2:

Having moderated a medical student forum for years, I had the same experience. People pretty much ban themselves.....

I do miss Armed Ferret, though.....:lol2:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Facts

Attachments

• DF0B9FB7-B6DE-42EB-AA70-C80D84407490.jpg
      DF0B9FB7-B6DE-42EB-AA70-C80D84407490.jpg
      107.7 KB · Views: 381

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Having moderated a medical student forum for years, I had the same experience. People pretty much ban themselves.....

I do miss Armed Ferret, though.....:lol2:

I enjoyed his antics until he committed hammercide....

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Damn. The things you miss when abroad.

FTR I would have apoken up for ERuby. He may be good. He may be nice. He definitely ain't an easy buddy.

Nor did he solicit or deserve such crass or ignorant behavior. Boorish behavior on a good day.

Bravo for yet one more righteous and timely application of ...TBH.

Copterman

Mar 7, 2018
    HowCo
    Great work, DC-W! Can we produce these in poster size? Better yet, how about posting this on a billboard in Annapolis near the State House! Patriot's Pickett, any applications?

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Update today says perp fired one round which hit both victims. Officer fired and hit perps pistol as he was shooting himself.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Interesting conclusion. For that scenario to happen then the 9mm round fired from the shooter had to go through the victims skull, ( yes, she was hit in the head), then down and into the boys leg. Possible, yes , but probable? Secondly, witnesses stated the shooter had the gun pointed at hus head when the officer shot. Aren't they trained to shoot center mass? To hit his gun he must have been attempting a head shot. Not a very high percentage shot under the conditions.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Update today says perp fired one round which hit both victims. Officer fired and hit perps pistol as he was shooting himself.

Sounds like the perp fired the magic bullit (like the one that struck both Kennedy and Connolly). And I'm a little confused, if the perp only fired ONE round that struck both victims and the officers shot hit the perps pistol then what bullet killed the perp? Perp must have fired TWO rounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom