• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I am following that the house bill was withdrawn, maybe by k anderson, but i would be grateful if anyone can sketch the details of why and what happened. And the senate bill? Can it move forward without a companion house bill and where does it and the chairman of the SJC stand? I found the idea of either ridding myself of a lot of property or becoming a criminal very disturbing.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    Because it was an ineffective piece of legislation that would have cost the state too much money, cause law-abiding citizens to become instant felons, as well as be unconstitutional. I'd watch the video stream of that day. People made the Baltimore Delegation look like complete idiots.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Did anderson or whomever state his/ their reason or simply withdraw without comment? I did try to access the recoding, but was unable to. Thanks.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Anderson just withdrew the bill. To everyone there, no explanation was necessary. It was obvious. Watch the hearing, it was awesome.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am following that the house bill was withdrawn, maybe by k anderson, but i would be grateful if anyone can sketch the details of why and what happened. And the senate bill? Can it move forward without a companion house bill and where does it and the chairman of the SJC stand? I found the idea of either ridding myself of a lot of property or becoming a criminal very disturbing.

No explanation given, not required to be given, Delegate Anderson withdrew the bill after realizing that it was not a workable law.

It was not his bill, but rather a bill advanced by Baltimore City, and brought forward by the Baltimore City Delegation, and as the head of the delegation, Delegate Anderson gets the privilege of presenting the bill.

The Senate bill is very much in play, but to what extent, we don't know yet. Yes, it can advance without a companion bill, and 99% of bills in either house have no companion bill on the other side of the street. But, it makes it harder for the Senate bill to pass since the House version was withdrawn in committee, but not impossible.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    It just shows that every once in awhile reason prevails. There are countless videos of gunners firing as many rounds with ten, twenty, and thirty rounders showing that there was a difference of seconds. Even with the multi magazines changes. Chris

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    True, but the gun laws that HAVE been passed have never really been grounded in fact or efficacy. Reason never comes into play, they'll pass whatever they think they can pass and have stand under legal scrutiny.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Because it was an ineffective piece of legislation that would have cost the state too much money, cause law-abiding citizens to become instant felons, as well as be unconstitutional. I'd watch the video stream of that day. People made the Baltimore Delegation look like complete idiots.

Anyone have the link of the video stream?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Enough of them probably understood it directly violates the ex post facto clause in the COTUS. Had they criminalized existing ownership, I was prepared to secure a great 2A lawyer, file suit, and follow through no matter the time and cost. I'm done being infringed upon by political scum.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I really love all the people volunteering that withdrawing the bill had something to do with logic and reason. If there were logic and reason involved, 3/4 of the gun bills would not be introduced in the first place.

The attempt at grandstanding backfired, pure and simple. We beat them at their own game.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    No explanation given, not required to be given, Delegate Anderson withdrew the bill after realizing that it was not a workable law.

It was not his bill, but rather a bill advanced by Baltimore City, and brought forward by the Baltimore City Delegation, and as the head of the delegation, Delegate Anderson gets the privilege of presenting the bill.

The Senate bill is very much in play, but to what extent, we don't know yet. Yes, it can advance without a companion bill, and 99% of bills in either house have no companion bill on the other side of the street. But, it makes it harder for the Senate bill to pass since the House version was withdrawn in committee, but not impossible.

The scary part is that the magazine bill was apparently a conception of the Baltimore City School STUDENTS and are the ones driving it (at least according to C4).

Scary in the fact that they are future voters/law makers, which is precisely why children should not (and don't) make laws.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    perhaps didn't want the embarrassment of it not passing? surprised though. thought their MO was throw everything against the wall, for as long as they can, hoping something sticks. that shows everyone they're 'doing something.'

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I watched the video yesterday and I'm pretty sure that the Black woman sitting between Anderson and the Police Dept Rep ( that was testifying on the wrong bill) said several times "magazines of 10 or more..."
    I'm not sure if she was just blabbering incoherently or doesn't know the difference or just doesn't care.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Scary in the fact that they are future voters/law makers, which is precisely why children should not (and don't) make laws.

I'm not scared of the students. I remember what it was like to be young, stupid, and idealistic...I'm still working on the stupid part. C4 pointed-out in the same segment yesterday that it is the role of adults to correct blind ideology and educate our young people. That said, I'm terrified by the adults, especially the educators.

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013

In other words... common sense won its first victory in Maryland???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom