• ...and so much more!
  • r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    What Hamilton do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton Navy Khaki GMT. The one with the internal rotating bezel. :)
    (I wanted an internal rotating bezel because a watch I love but can't afford yet, the IWC Aquatimer in titanium case/band, happens to have one)

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    (I wanted an internal rotating bezel because a watch I love but can't afford yet, the IWC Aquatimer in titanium case/band, happens to have one)

So it operates on coffee, ARI's and fraternization and you can't find it when you need it the most?

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    So it operates on coffee, ARI's and fraternization and you can't find it when you need it the most?

Having worked for the navy for a ridiculous number of years as a contractor, I can attest to the truth of this statement. I've seen it lol.

On the back of my watch it says "Insert vodka here" lol

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

That's a nice one. I almost bought that as my first Hamilton. Got this instead.
    4b3c71577c3582c1119ee1b0ca6d431c.jpg

Then I had to have the brown dial version.
    278978aa08cb7c63882eab68a8975d70.jpg

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    That's a nice one. I almost bought that as my first Hamilton. Got this instead.
    4b3c71577c3582c1119ee1b0ca6d431c.jpg

Then I had to have the brown dial version.
    278978aa08cb7c63882eab68a8975d70.jpg

A chrono, nice. Service is stupid expensive though. $200 for non-chronos and $400 for any type of complication beyond telling time apparently lol.

I just got a call yesterday letting me know that some parts are on back order and the watch won't be ready until may 19th at the earliest.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A chrono, nice. Service is stupid expensive though. $200 for non-chronos and $400 for any type of complication beyond telling time apparently lol.

I just got a call yesterday letting me know that some parts are on back order and the watch won't be ready until may 19th at the earliest.

$200 for non-chronos sounds about right, $400 for a chrono sounds a touch high.
    Who is doing your service? My chronos run about $325 including new mainspring.
    My standard watch services run anywhere from $200-$325 depending on the watch.
    $325 was for a Seamaster.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    $200 for non-chronos sounds about right, $400 for a chrono sounds a touch high.
    Who is doing your service? My chronos run about $325 including new mainspring.
    My standard watch services run anywhere from $200-$325 depending on the watch.
    $325 was for a Seamaster.

Through Hamilton. Go figure.

Where do you get your service done?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Moren Inc. jewelry and watch repair in Silver Spring.
    They work on all watch brands and have thousands of parts for vintage watches as well. 301-588-5548.
    Ask for Rob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Massdrop has a deal for those Suunto all black models. $155. I was going to get one but saw some reviews that made me think twice. Guess I'll stick with my Gshock.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I recently upgraded from a Samsung Gear S2 to an S3 for my edc watch:

samsung-gear-s3-frontier-space-gray~4.jpg

I like that I can make and take quick phone calls, emails, texts and receive and respond to other other notifications while I'm out on the water. The cell phone stays protected in a drybag. The watch can get wet.

It also helps that I can get weather, temperature, and barometric pressure drop warnings at a glance. It's not a bad fitness watch either.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Anyone seen or owns a Seiko spring drive watch? How well does it run and how accurate?
    I loved mine. I'd say it was off by a couple of minutes a month, but for the time that I owned it (well over a decade) all I did was wear it. I didn't have to replace batteries. I didn't have to worry about diving too deep. I probably should have taken it off when I was working on cars or boats, but I didn't. It's built like a tank and it runs forever. You have to change the date manually every month so you end up changing the time anyway. I like self winding watches for their simplicity and reliability. Smart watches free you from your phone (it just has to be in the same building).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom