• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Starting in the 70s, the ACLU-sponsored court fights over civil rights for mentally ill persons started to unravel the safety net.

Still, in 1981, John Hinckley was not seen as mentally ill, just weird. His obsession with Jodi Foster before the attack on Reagan was seen as pathetic, not dangerous.

Today, despite all the advances in medicine and psychology, we don't know of any way to predict the future actions of the Hinckleys and Adam Lanzas of the world. Everything is a guess.

The spate of vicious knife attacks on children in China is proof that restricting firearms will just push people to knives, hammers, tire irons, etc.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope there isn't a person here who doesn't want to see less gun violence. We should all agree that access to firearms by criminals and those with severe mental illness should be prohibited. The real question is how to do that effectively without infringing on the Rights of law abiding gun owners. Neither the Bradys nor Giffords got that right.

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    Always referred to them as the Brady Bunch of Liars.

220px-r_hm_rg-14_reagan_attempted_assassination_gun.jpg

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I'm not sure if my wife had been crippled by a maniac how I'd feel. She and Gifford are a lot different than Bloomberg. Their thoughts come out of pain not from someone's agenda. There will always be people who feel different than gun owners do. We need to be able to see the difference in their lives that got them there and treat them appropriately. Now you can give me a hard time.

This.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I hope there isn't a person here who doesn't want to see less gun violence. We should all agree that access to firearms by criminals and those with severe mental illness should be prohibited. The real question is how to do that effectively without infringing on the Rights of law abiding gun owners. Neither the Bradys nor Giffords got that right.

The big question is who gets to make that decision

I respect the hell out of you doc but the vast majority of your peers are progressive scum

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The big question is who gets to make that decision I respect the hell out of you doc but the vast majority of your peers are progressive scum

Like I said, that's the real question. I don't have an answer for that. I certainly don't want to make that decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom