• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    This is so inspiring. The fact that we have let so many of our right go here in MD is pathetic. I know a lot of folks say "get out and vote". Well that hasn't done us any good for as long as I've been a gun owner. When can we do this? We need a large pro 2A organization to start something like this in Md.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    This is so inspiring. The fact that we have let so many of our right go here in MD is pathetic. I know a lot of folks say "get out and vote". Well that hasn't done us any good for as long as I've been a gun owner. When can we do this? We need a large pro 2A organization to start something like this in Md.

This had the tacit backing of LE. Would the same be true in MD? I'm skeptical it would.

But it would be necessary for the result to be similar.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    This had the tacit backing of LE. Would the same be true in MD? I'm skeptical it would.

But it would be necessary for the result to be similar.

These were my thoughts exactly. I can imagine it turning violent very quick if Law Enforcement chose to enforce the law or escalate the situation as they did in Furgeson. Of all the pictures I saw from the recent protests, the ones that stuck out at me the most were all the cops flagging the protestors with their weapons. I don't buy the claim, "I was observing the crowd through my scope" argument. If that were to go the other way around, there would be a lot of dead people.

But it is kind of strange where in this case, law enforcement blatantly chose not to enforce the law here. I wonder where they got that idea from?

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I understand officers have to do their jobs, but how much is too much? If we keep getting officers doing their job no matter how unconstitutional it is, we are heading in a very dangerous directing for police and civilian alike.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    There is no way that this would become violent in Maryland with the proper numbers on out side. With all the discussions of police brutality in the media today, this would be a world wide media circus and no LE agency would want any part of it. I am sure if proper notice was given to the LEO out there, giving them a heads up about what the true intent of this gathering would be for, it would be fine. Why does anyone think that Maryland is a magical place, different from any other state in terms of how these assembly's would be viewed? Do you really think that if all the LOEs in Maryland were to assemble during this type of rally, the people would still not vastly outnumber them?

When things like this go down, like the people shutting down highways recently, there is no way any arrests will be made. The negativity associated with getting involved, wither justified or not, is just not worth it to any department.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I think a lot of the rank and file side with us privately. Management is another story entirely.

While this may be true, in a situation like this numbers mean more than anything. Police can not stop a large enough group. Our problem is that we can not commit the numbers to have a demonstration like this. We can discuss it all we want but it boils down to that. This has been the case for every riot and civil unrest, outside of some college kids protesting, for every event I can think of.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I understand officers have to do their jobs, but how much is too much? If we keep getting officers doing their job no matter how unconstitutional it is, we are heading in a very dangerous directing for police and civilian alike.

That's the difference between a cop and a constitutional cop. There's not enough of the latter.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

It's hollow honestly.

Protesters knew in advance that neither the city police nor the state police would charge anyone.

I'd be curious to see how many of them would have shown up knowing they would have been arrested and become felons for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom