• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I'm trying to figure out why Maryland has so many gun restrictions. The state, for the most part, is rural and I have to believe that firearms were kept in most households in years past.

I was born in Maryland and probably have more buried ancestors there than most have living relatives today.

Perhaps the way to fight the current onslaught is to go back and figure out where it all began. Just thinking out loud here.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'm trying to figure out why Maryland has so many gun restrictions. The state, for the most part, is rural and I have to believe that firearms were kept in most households in years past.

I was born in Maryland and probably have more buried ancestors there than most have living relatives today.

Perhaps the way to fight the current onslaught is to go back and figure where it all began. Just thinking out loud here.

NY state is mostly rural too but suffers from defacto control by the populated cities. We have the same thing going on here...PG and Mont counties.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    NY state is mostly rural too but suffers from defacto control by the populated cities. We have the same thing going on here...PG and Mont counties.

Overload of leftist, nanny-state types in MoCo, PGCo, BaCo, Balt City

Yup. Look at the delegate/senator counts and its fairly clear which counties are running Annapolis.

Also look at the counties that the committee chairs are from.

Feb 28, 2013

Yes, they know how to live our lives so much better than we do. I wonder if I should contact Elijah Cummings to learn how to wipe after I get off the john.:rolleyes:

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Money fro NY,CA,and others, has perverted every part of this State. State and local elections have been bought by outside interests for so long that we are no longer an independent State, but rather a 'satellite' State-- much like East Germany was.

Dec 31, 2012

BaltCity is full of low information people dependent on government handouts but what about the others?

What is causing those areas to be overloaded? They are among the richest counties in the country.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The I95 corridor is what's wrong with Md. Exclude that and Md. is a pretty liveable place.

Feb 28, 2013
    What makes you think he knows how to do that?

:lol2:

Since the gooberment finds it necessary to regulate my toilet, maybe one of the chief pro-poop-nents of said regulation could ejamacate me on using it since us blue collar working class hicks need some help with that.:lol:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What is causing those areas to be overloaded? They are among the richest counties in the country.

Concentration of wealth does not necessarily correlate to common sense. When any geographical area reaches a critical mass of nanny-state types who enable passage of like-minded state law and actively suppress dissent, it creates magnetic-like attraction of more and more like-minded people from near and far. After all, most people prefer to live around people who think as they do. As we seen now in MD, those concentrated geographical areas can transform into a self-sustaining leviathan, whereby dissenting counties/residents throughout the rest of the state are disenfranchised (intentionally) from the state's political system and lawmaking process. It's a complete inversion of our founding principle of protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I live amongst the ass clowns. They are some of the most illogical, emotionally irrational, vapid individuals I've ever known. Part of the problem is our left wing education system that fills these skulls with mush as Rush says.

They and their offspring settle here to get govt jobs and their culture infests every facet of life here.

Dec 31, 2012
    Concentration of wealth does not necessarily correlate to common sense. When any geographical area reaches a critical mass of nanny-state types who enable passage of like-minded state law and actively suppress dissent, it creates magnetic-like attraction of more and more like-minded people from near and far. After all, most people prefer to live around people who think as they do. As we seen now in MD, those concentrated geographical areas can transform into a self-sustaining leviathan, whereby dissenting counties/residents throughout the rest of the state are disenfranchised (intentionally) from the state's political system and lawmaking process. It's a complete inversion of our founding principle of protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority.

I understand the psychology and that is a great description of it :thumbsup:, but the part you left out is that the concentration is happening around DC for a reason.

I live amongst the ass clowns. They are some of the most illogical, emotionally irrational, vapid individuals I've ever known. Part of the problem is our left wing education system that fills these skulls with mush as Rush says.

They and their offspring settle here to get govt jobs and their culture infests every facet of life here.

and that's the reason it's in Maryland.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I see the OP's question as good and legitimate.

I'm not at all surprised to hear some VERY opinionated responses that are reminiscent of the very liberals you despise.

For the OP, my thoughts are MD is much like any other state wherein the majority of voters are either disengaged, low information and or on the teat to the extent that they don't know or don't care. There's an increasing number of voters who believe what they want to believe and dig the status quo. Many are simply the emotionally driven, scared sheeple that they've been elsewhere described. The folks on either end of the socioeconomic food chain are prone to democratic sympathy and or support. Doesn't mean there aren't poor folk who are pragmatic and well informed and fiscally or otherwise conservative. Or well off folks who lean to the facts and logic and conservatism (look at central AA county--that's why they butchered the district for voting).

Shitting on government employment and government employees is bull shit. There's lots of them/us who are as well read and conservative as the putzes that shit on us...maybe moreso. There is a large portion of government employees who are on "glorified welfare"...I've seen them, worked with and even once or twice for them. Their numbers (knucklehead per capita ratio) have spiked in this Administration. Blame the ******* politicians, not the legit and hardworking rest of the government workforce. It almost takes an act of congress to fire them or even to make them accountable on a daily basis. Get those rules changed, support managers who hold folks accountable and government employees can be a decent value proposition for the taxpayer.

Maryland increasingly has issues because our politicians don't represent all of us and because accountability and reason are not a requisite part of how this state is governed. The state who brought us Marvin Mandell, Spiro T Agnew and William Donald Schaffer (not to mention OWE MAO LIE), is continuing the finest traditions of lying to, cheating on and stealing from the citizens. And the beat goes on...

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    BaltCity is full of low information people dependent on government handouts but what about the others?

Eventually those programs where people have made a living out of the govt handouts will stop or become bankrupt. It's then you'll begin to see revolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom