Let's look at it a different way (for the anti's)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    For those of you who haven’t got a clue. The Governor’s new gun control bill has taken away a right guaranteed by the Constitution.
    “…the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”
    OK, so you don’t own a gun and don’t care. Let’s look at it in a different light.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press….”

Suppose Maryland passed a law that you can no longer own a Bible. If you’ve got one now, that’s OK, you’ve got until Oct 1, 2013 to buy one. After that it becomes illegal to buy one in Maryland, or go to another state and buy one and bring it back to Maryland. While we’re at it, if you buy and read newspapers, you now have to have a license to purchase and read a newspaper. To obtain the license you will have to go to a school for 8 hours and pass a yet to be determined test.
    If you’ve ever got a traffic ticket or been to see a doctor, you can no longer buy or read a newspaper, ever.

That’s what your Delegates and Senators have just passed and is waiting for the Governor to sign.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I suggest a different thought. Since drunks drive cars and sometimes kill people, cars are dangerous. So common sense says we need laws to protect us. So the following is needed to protect the children.

Suppose Maryland passed a law that you can no longer own an SUV that gets less than 40 MPG. If you’ve got one now, that’s OK, you’ve got until Oct 1, 2013 to buy one. After that it becomes illegal to buy one in Maryland, or go to another state and buy one and bring it back to Maryland. While we’re at it, if you own and SUV with less than 40 MPG, you now have to have a license to continue to drive it. To obtain the license you will have to go to a school for 8 hours and pass a yet to be determined test.
    If you’ve ever got a traffic ticket or been to see a doctor, you can no longer buy or drive an SUV, ever.

That’s what your Delegates and Senators have just passed and is waiting for the Governor to sign.

yxc301

Feb 9, 2009
    Everyone seems to forget about cell phones and talking and texting while driving. I ride a motorcycle and I have more close calls with those people than I anyone with a gun. Oh yes, I have also been robbed and shot.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    The Govenor's new law, the voter safety act of 2013.

In order to vote after October 1st you will need to attend a 8 hour class, get fingerprinted, obtain a background check, and complete your voting licensing requirement. If you have ever had a PBJ for some type of violence, a felony, or any mental health issue that falls under a code the state will come up with, you may never vote again.

After October 1st, you may only vote on ten items on your ballot. Anything more is considered a felony.

If you voted prior to October 1st, your votes still count. You will still be required to obtain your licensing for future votes.

You, however, may not vote on any issues contained in a provided list unless you are a active member of a police force, active military, or honorably retired from either. If you attempt to vote on one of these issues it is a felony and you will also never be able to vote again.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I suggest a different thought. Since drunks drive cars and sometimes kill people, cars are dangerous. So common sense says we need laws to protect us. So the following is needed to protect the children.

Suppose Maryland passed a law that you can no longer own an SUV that gets less than 40 MPG. If you’ve got one now, that’s OK, you’ve got until Oct 1, 2013 to buy one. After that it becomes illegal to buy one in Maryland, or go to another state and buy one and bring it back to Maryland. While we’re at it, if you own and SUV with less than 40 MPG, you now have to have a license to continue to drive it. To obtain the license you will have to go to a school for 8 hours and pass a yet to be determined test.
    If you’ve ever got a traffic ticket or been to see a doctor, you can no longer buy or drive an SUV, ever.

That is actually not good because driving is not a right, unlike the freedom to choose your own religion and the right to keep and bear arms. You also already need a license to drive, must pass a class and certain things can have that license revoked. Cars are not to be put in the same category as firearms. Freedom to access a firearm is as important as freedom of speech.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    For those of you who haven’t got a clue. The Governor’s new gun control bill has taken away a right guaranteed by the Constitution. OK, so you don’t own a gun and don’t care. Let’s look at it in a different light.

Suppose Maryland passed a law that you can no longer own a Bible. If you’ve got one now, that’s OK, you’ve got until Oct 1, 2013 to buy one. After that it becomes illegal to buy one in Maryland, or go to another state and buy one and bring it back to Maryland. While we’re at it, if you buy and read newspapers, you now have to have a license to purchase and read a newspaper. To obtain the license you will have to go to a school for 8 hours and pass a yet to be determined test.
    If you’ve ever got a traffic ticket or been to see a doctor, you can no longer buy or read a newspaper, ever.

I was in the gallery on 4/2 when Smiegel mentioned "God given rights."
    The antis started tittering and giggling.
    They have no respect for anyone's faith and would not object to such a law, as long as it was sponsored by a delegate from the Liberal Triangle.

They have drunk deeply of the Kool-aid and are beyond reasoning with. I will gladly discuss this issue with anyone capable of carrying on a reasoned and open conversation but talking to the hard core of the opposition is a waste of time and energy.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Anti's will think your crazy if you suggest the government would deny their free speech. It doesn't fit their world view. The government is a kind benevolent thing that would never hurt them.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    That is actually not good because driving is not a right, unlike the freedom to choose your own religion and the right to keep and bear arms. You also already need a license to drive, must pass a class and certain things can have that license revoked. Cars are not to be put in the same category as firearms. Freedom to access a firearm is as important as freedom of speech.

I agree driving is not constitutionally protected. Don't take my analogy too far. My point is, some people are idiots. Don't screw us all, because some are irresponsible. That is what is happening now. That is what happened in prohibition.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    the part that pisses me off is when liberals say "you can't yell fire in a movie theater". What they did in SB281 is along the lines of taking away all your 1A Rights so you couldn't yell fire. That is not the way other rights are treated.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I agree driving is not constitutionally protected. Don't take my analogy too far. My point is, some people are idiots. Don't screw us all, because some are irresponsible. That is what is happening now. That is what happened in prohibition.

I know and understand what you were trying to say but just the mention of "car" sets anti-gun people off with supporting a "firearm license". They don't believe in the right to keep an bear arms and believe it is a privilege given by the government which is why they direct anger at politicians who don't support restriction and bans.

And I agree, don't punish the people who are trying to be good because of a few lunatics. "But one bad apple spoils the bunch". No, I am not an apple. I am a free thinking individual that can make his own choices.

the part that pisses me off is when liberals say "you can't yell fire in a movie theater". What they did in SB281 is along the lines of taking away all your 1A Rights so you couldn't yell fire. That is not the way other rights are treated.

Ban High Capacity vocal cords! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom