• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Not so sure about that. I don't know about you but I followed Magpul's every press release. You heard about all the cancelled CO hunting trips/competitions?

I haven't seen all the Magpul stuff, but have been watching NY, CT, and CO. I can't believe the CT bill will hold a court challenge. CO is a laughing stock. Have you read about their anti-gun genius? She said that the magazine problem will go away because they are used and discarded, so numbers will be dismissed through attrition I guess? What an ignoramus! She doesn't have a clue that magazines are NOT bullets and are reloaded over and over.

Where do these people come from and how do they get voted into office and given the ability to write our laws???

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I am sure Baretta will leave. Gun guys caused the Eastern Outdoor Show to close, CO is in the news rgding loss of shooting competitions and hunter bookings, and there are more examples.

Baretta sees this, but more than that, they are a proud, family business, and I do not think they are treated with the same disrespect in Italy. I also think they know "carve-outs" just for them can be removed at a any time.

We are amazingly unified. We need to get ready for the long haul. This isn't storming a beach, take a couple hills and we are done.

Posting without a net. :)

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Several years back, I was looking at a S&W 629. They they did something stupid. I don't even remember what it was. So, I bought a Ruger Redhawk and sent S&W the receipt. These are the kinds of a$$hole things we have to do to make a point.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Several years back, I was looking at a S&W 629. They they did something stupid. I don't even remember what it was. So, I bought a Ruger Redhawk and sent S&W the receipt. These are the kinds of a$$hole things we have to do to make a point.

Clinton Lock

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Sources in WVA say it's a done deal. Still waiting for something official from Beretta.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would say that if they are going to move, they would move to a State where it is far from likely the anti-gun folk will get any traction.

We've considered moving to VA, even with the horrendous commute that would cause, but they ARE moving in the Maryland direction.

The question is: How long will it be before the north takes over politically? 10 years? 5 years?

That's likely not even a hint of a concern in WVA.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Email response from Beretta:
    Hello XXX:

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

We appreciate your interest in Beretta and the current controversy surrounding pending firearms legislation.

At this time, we cannot offer you any comments regarding Beretta's contemplated actions.

Please monitor
    www.berettausa.com as this will be where we post the most current information regarding this controversial situation.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

Customer By Web Form
    04/04/2013 09:25 PM
    This email is to ask for clarification of whether or not Beretta is going to move its' facilities from Maryland since the anti-gun bill was passed today 4/4/2013. I realize they "amended" the original to allow Beretta to sell "assault" weapons just not in Maryland. To me this is still an affront to the 2nd amendment. I also believe if Beretta caves to the "favor" the legislature extended to Beretta and remains in Maryland it will tell all Maryland gun owners that Beretta did not stand with them and will result in Maryland gun people not buying Beretta products. On the other hand if Beretta does move out of state and the national media broadcast this fact, 2nd amendment advocates nationwide will realize that Beretta is a firearms manufacturer with integrity and fully supports the 2nd amendment of the United States of America. Thank You for reading this and if necessary forward it to a person within your organization with authority.

Unquote

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Email response from Beretta:
    Hello XXX:

Thank you for contacting Beretta Customer Support.

We appreciate your interest in Beretta and the current controversy surrounding pending firearms legislation.

At this time, we cannot offer you any comments regarding Beretta's contemplated actions.

Please monitor
    www.berettausa.com as this will be where we post the most current information regarding this controversial situation.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Best regards,

Beretta Customer Support

Customer By Web Form
    04/04/2013 09:25 PM
    This email is to ask for clarification of whether or not Beretta is going to move its' facilities from Maryland since the anti-gun bill was passed today 4/4/2013. I realize they "amended" the original to allow Beretta to sell "assault" weapons just not in Maryland. To me this is still an affront to the 2nd amendment. I also believe if Beretta caves to the "favor" the legislature extended to Beretta and remains in Maryland it will tell all Maryland gun owners that Beretta did not stand with them and will result in Maryland gun people not buying Beretta products. On the other hand if Beretta does move out of state and the national media broadcast this fact, 2nd amendment advocates nationwide will realize that Beretta is a firearms manufacturer with integrity and fully supports the 2nd amendment of the United States of America. Thank You for reading this and if necessary forward it to a person within your organization with authority.

Unquote

So you wrote a company encouraging them to leave the state? And take their jobs with them? Why would you want to put fellow Marylanders out of work? The workers didn't pass this stupid law. And you're from Southern Maryland I see, not too far from the plant. I just don't understand this mentality, I'm sorry. I hope Beretta stays here forever personally. I'm proud to have them here, and just dim wit Governor is not going to change my opinion on them as a company and employer.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    That article is based on old sources actually. It doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true one way or the other, but we can't be sure from that article.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    So you wrote a company encouraging them to leave the state? And take their jobs with them? Why would you want to put fellow Marylanders out of work? The workers didn't pass this stupid law. And you're from Southern Maryland I see, not too far from the plant. I just don't understand this mentality, I'm sorry. I hope Beretta stays here forever personally. I'm proud to have them here, and just dim wit Governor is not going to change my opinion on them as a company and employer.

I don't know if 600 losing their jobs (or needing to move to keep them) trumps 6,000,000 losing their 2A rights (or needing to move to keep them.)

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Because its a matter of principal, Ill write Beretta with the same and would if it was my job. The only way these professional politicians can learn is if people feel honest pain and the pain is empathized by others in the state, since no one cares about people being raped and murdered by criminals who arnt going to turn over their "pieces", all that is left is people with bumper stickers that say "O'Malley cost me my job, thanks c&ck sucker"

If they dont leave the last Beretta product I bought will be the last I ever buy.

BTW I plan to leave Maryland too, including the money I spend on various goods, taxes etc.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Just a heads-up for Beretta 92 owners: 9mm/17 magazines available from Beretta

While BerettaUSA (Beretta homepage) lists as being out of 9mm/17 magazines, they are still available under "9mm/17 'BULK' not packaged" magazines. These magazines are official Beretta 9mm/17 mags; the only difference is that they are not individually packaged (instead they are shipped loose in-box with brown paper packaging). Picked up two for $43/ea, and they arrived next-day; looks NIB (may depend on number ordered).

Just a heads up prior to SB281 taking effect, if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom