• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    A while back, I ordered a nice Gadsden flag. Yesterday, I finally put it up out front.

If you have one, start flying it! If you don't, buy one, and start flying it! It would be great to see more and more of them going up around this state. And I suspect it will also start conversations.

When neighbors ask what it is, and what it means, they've "opened the door". It's time to wake this state (and counrty) up!

Let's make a statement!!!

Attachments

• P4051397.jpg
      P4051397.jpg
      129.4 KB · Views: 1,186
    Last edited by a moderator:

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Stop procrastinating. Do it NOW!

My old flagpole was damaged by wind a few eeks ago. And nobody is selling flagpoles at this time of the year. (They usually are back on the shelves leading up to Memorial day.)

What you see mine hanging from is a piece of 3/4" electrical conduit I picked up at Home Depot yesterday for $1.95.

Hang it from your railing if you have to. Hang it in your window. Do what ever it takes NOW- while the iron is hot!

We can't just sit back, defeated, letting this assault on our freedoms go unnoticed by those who are just not paying attention.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Stop procrastinating. Do it NOW!

My old flagpole was damaged by wind a few eeks ago. And nobody is selling flagpoles at this time of the year. (They usually are back on the shelves leading up to Memorial day.)

What you see mine hanging from is a piece of 3/4" electrical conduit I picked up at Home Depot yesterday for $1.95.

Hang it from your railing if you have to. Hang it in your window. Do what ever it takes NOW- while the iron is hot!

We can't just sit back, defeated, letting this assault on our freedoms go unnoticed by those who are just not paying attention.
    You are right, no excuse.

I can zip tie the pole to the fence until I am able to properly dig the hole and pour the concrete.

The flag has flown now and again for a couple of years, and it will be going up ASAP.

My only other decision is whether to purchase another smaller one (I karma'd my other small one at 2K posts) and fly it under Old Glory, or just fly the regulafr sized one solo.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I really like the idea but playing devil's advocate, doesn't that essentially say, "I've got guns here"? I see them all the time and it certainly does not bother me but at least in my experience I see them more often in rural areas rather than urban ones. And given the liberal mindset in many areas of Maryland, I'm just wondering if it might raise more than eyebrows in certain neighborhoods, if you get my drift. Mind you, I'm not arguing the point. I like it, but I was wondering what others might think about the possible down side to this.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I really like the idea but playing devil's advocate, doesn't that essentially say, "I've got guns here"? I see them all the time and it certainly does not bother me but at least in my experience I see them more often in rural areas rather than urban ones. And given the liberal mindset in many areas of Maryland, I'm just wondering if it might raise more than eyebrows in certain neighborhoods, if you get my drift. Mind you, I'm not arguing the point. I like it, but I was wondering what others might think about the possible down side to this.

OTOH, how many "closet conservatives" - to afraid to speak up because the feel so alone - might it bring out of the woodwork?

labsnducks

Feb 3, 2013
    Western Howard County

Thats what you may think, Please look up the true meaning of our countrys colors

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What if it is hanging in your window? It is inside your house. :innocent0

****Still a no go if you live in Montgomery Village, which is in MoCo. The association there is so strict that they will write you up if one of the grids is missing on your windows. Older homes that have wood grids as opposed to more modern vinyl replacement windows with them built in get written up all of the time. People that have sports banners, or other similar flags, banners, etc.. hanging in a window inside the house get a letter warning of the infraction, and then they start handing out fines if they are not removed promptly. I can't imagine a Gadsden flag being any different but who knows..

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    ****Still a no go if you live in Montgomery Village, which is in MoCo. The association there is so strict that they will write you up if one of the grids is missing on your windows. Older homes that have wood grids as opposed to more modern vinyl replacement windows with them built in get written up all of the time. People that have sports banners, or other similar flags, banners, etc.. hanging in a window inside the house get a letter warning of the infraction, and then they start handing out fines if they are not removed promptly. I can't imagine a Gadsden flag being any different but who knows..

I would make them fine me at least once, but that is just how I am.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    I took down my American Flag that has been hanging outside every house I have ever been in the morning after election night 2012, and nothing has replaced it. Maybe I should replace it with a Gadsden now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom