• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I am an extra-class amateur radio operator. I was recently contacted by someone in Carroll County who is interested in getting a ham radio license.

It's about the same amount of work to teach one person as it is to teach 10 people, so if there's enough interest, I could get a class together.

Any takers?

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I tried to take the Tech license .Lets just say I was not top in the class and I left with my tail between my legs. So I operate my 10 meter like a outlaw.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    I have been a Tech Class for 20 yrs...it's time to upgrade. I have boxes of HAM equipment and rigs Waiting to be utilized.

Also, I stronly recomment eveyone on this board to get going on preparedness plans...beans, bullets and bread....emergency communications, are essential to any hometoan/ neighborhoodndefense plan, if things turn South in this country....those of us willing and able to provide defensive and offensive capabilities to groups and organizations can trade/ barter otherngoods and services...

deercrazy82

Feb 20, 2012
    Riverdale, MD
    I am interested in learning about ham radio but do not know anybody who has any experience in operating a ham radio. I would like to get into it so I would be interested if you are willing to teach a total beginner

Thanks

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I am interested in learning about ham radio but do not know anybody who has any experience in operating a ham radio. I would like to get into it so I would be interested if you are willing to teach a total beginner

Thanks

You might find one of these closer than Carrol Co. You need no previous experience for the Technician class:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=101501

chromedragon70

Dec 29, 2012
    Eldersburg/Sykesville
    I am a general licensee but have never operated a station, as I got this license to get my FCC Television transmissions certification. I'd love to get my extra cert and get a system going up here. Am also in Carroll county.

garym

Damn Right, Rebel Proud
    Sep 20, 2009
    Davidsonville
    The Laurel VEC testing is always free and is held at least once a month in MD. My club (Anne Arundel) down here hosts it monthly.

Extra Class ham here too.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    It looks like there are quite a few people interested - this is great!

I'll contact a few VEs (Volunteer Examiners) and try to get something scheduled. I'll post all updates here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom