• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    Okay honestly, how many manufacturers actually make 7 round mags other than for like single stack 1911's and sub-compacts?

I think that's part of the idea. Especially when you consider that this here bill requires you to get rid of magazines over that limit within a year. They just don't want people to have guns.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I think that's part of the idea. Especially when you consider that this here bill requires you to get rid of magazines over that limit within a year. They just don't want people to have guns.

So, we'll grandfather in your AR's, but you'll have to get rid of the mags.

:asshat:

I wish James Yeager lived in New York.

Heck yeah. Things would sure get real interesting.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    You know what the most pathetic thing is?

The NY Senate is controlled by GOP and they've already rolled over

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!?!?!!? I AM LITERALLY AT A LOSS FOR WORDS OR BRAIN FUNCTION? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING? GOP CONTROLLED SENATE? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!?

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    So I guess New Yorkers will have to resort back to the New York reload?

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if the state decided you can only have one gun. Or only seven rounds distributed amongst however many you own.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Assault weapons banned-- defined as any rifle with a "military style" feature, such as a bayonet or a telescoping stock -- that are currently owned would be grandfathered and would have to be registered with the state. Magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds and manufactured before 1994, which are currently legal, would have to be turned over to authorities or sold out of state within one year. If a magazine has a capacity between eight and 10, it would have to be retrofitted to only hold seven rounds.

Holy Crap! Not that I didn't see this coming, but wake the heck up folks!!! This is not going to be pretty!

What is an assault weapon you might ask? Well in NY if it is a semi auto with a detachable magazine and A SHROUD ATTACHED TO THE BARREL, OR THAT PARTIALLY OR COMPLETELY ENCIRCLES THE BARREL, it's an assault weapon. Now think about that... How in the **** does that make it an assault weapon?

By the way, they banned belts as "magazines" too. Specifying all ammunition feeding devices.

By the way, NOTICE THAT THE NEW LAW REQUIRES REGISTRATION, why? So they can come collect them later... of course!

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    For of those of you who think this is a "party" issue. That "republicans" are on your side. That this isn't a systematic protectionist culture that is sweeping the nation regardless of party lines. Alas! For ignorance is bliss!

Bisondice

Ultimate Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hagerstown
    HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!?!?!!? I AM LITERALLY AT A LOSS FOR WORDS OR BRAIN FUNCTION? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING? GOP CONTROLLED SENATE? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!?

I thought this was just their extreme points to be used in negotiation, I can't believe it. How fast will our stuff pass? Does it say when the ban goes into effect? Is it immediate or 6 months from now?

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    It still has to stand up to the House later today, but WOW. I can't believe this went to a vote so quickly. With O'Malley practically mirroring NY, I'm scared for MD. Theoretically, what could happen to me if something similar went through? I'm making payments on an AR now. Since I haven't submitted paperwork yet, say there's a yes on vote, is that it? No party for me? Or will I have some time to acquire? What about everyone waiting on MSP?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    This is what I believe is happening. At some point they will decide who is top and who is bottom and then layout their plans for national office.
    Right now they're jockeying for position relative to each other and waiting to see what Hillary Clinton is up to.

Hillary? You mean besides playing sick to avoid damning prosecution weekly? What else is there to do? I guess wax her sarlac pit.

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    This will only energize the citizen disarmament crowd in other states. I'll still show up and make my case in Annapolis. I really hate to think I may have to move to another state just to keep from losing all of my rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    7 round limit but everyone can carry their ruger lcp or equivalent? Compromise? sure....

I'd actually be ok with some limitations if I could carry in MD without a draconian G+S.

Change your way of thinking. Do you believe they will be satisfied with stopping there?

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    It would be sweet justice to see Democrats everywhere get absolutely pasted all across the USA (except NY and California, of course), and to have the gun issue be the nail that does them in.

I hope this burns the Democrats so very badly in 2 years that they think twice before doing this again.

After the events of the past few weeks, Democrats have no credibility at all in terms of 2A. None. Nada. I sat and listened to people say, "Oh, but Obama has been in for 4 years, and he has done nothing about gun ownership -- he's safe." But I knew better.

No one can make such a claim again.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    colt hbars and hbar clones are still face-to-face 'normal' (non-regulated-firearms) long guns per MD law. no MSP check is required per the law on HBARS that are sold face-to-face from one MD citizen to another MD citizen. focus on those if you need one to grandfather in an AR.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    It would be sweet justice to see Democrats everywhere get absolutely pasted all across the USA (except NY and California, of course), and to have the gun issue be the nail that does them in.

I hope this burns the Democrats so very badly in 2 years that they think twice before doing this again.

After the events of the past few weeks, Democrats have no credibility at all in terms of 2A. None. Nada. I sat and listened to people say, "Oh, but Obama has been in for 4 years, and he has done nothing about gun ownership -- he's safe." But I knew better.No one can make such a claim again.
    I also saw this coming. Obama didn't do anything his first term because he wanted the votes for the second term. Now the brakes are off and he can do as he wishes because there's no third term for him unless he disregards that law as well and proclaims himself dictator. I've said this before and folks thought it was far fetched. Not so far fetched now.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    The only person more delusional than the idiots in the state government, is the governor of NY. Does he think he is going to get elected POTUS by violating peoples enumerated fundamental constitutional rights. Most of the country are not like NY big government zombies.

Are you sure about that? Last time I checked Obama was going to the inaguration on the 21st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom