Spring 2018 Is Coming To Garrett County!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    How do I know this? ROBINS!

Yep, despite the freezing rain, high winds and blowing snow we've had since yesterday robins are around. I spotted a dozen or more while out today. I don't know exactly where they go when they leave in late summer, but they always know when it's time to return.

That means they will be building nests soon and making blue eggs. :party29: Maybe there will be a robin nest thread this year. :fingerscrossed:

And it also means we Hooligans can move into BP season once again. Trust me, we plan on making much white smoke this year!

There is hope!

:)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The robins always stay around my house. We see them all winter long. But I have been hearing and seeing large flocks of geese heading north. These aren't the locals, these are flying really high. Either way, it would appear that Spring is about ready to cast it's glorious warm sunshine on us.

At least I hoe so!

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    I have seen robins in my yard for a week now. Nests are being built all over my yard and my bird houses all have occupants. We have been feeding them all winter.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Winter Ain't Over Till It's Over!

Dayum! just when things were looking up Mother Nature says :nono: Winter ain't over yet. :tantrum:

According to the NWS we have maybe 3" to 5" headed our way in Deep Creek. At this time of year it's more of a PITA than "pretty winter snow".

Maybe I jinxed us with my post about seeing robins? :facepalm: They're still here. My bet is they know how time it right...

Where is the god of spring? We need you! :bowdown:

Y'all stay safe.

:innocent0

Attachments

• NWS 03_06_2018 Capture.jpg
      NWS 03_06_2018 Capture.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 443

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Yep, you done jinxed yourself.......

No sh!t. I guess I really pissed off Mother Nature when I mentioned Spring and Robins. :banghead:

It's been snowing off and on all day today. According to the weather forecast we have maybe another 4" to 7" still coming our way tonight and tomorrow.

Hey, Mother Nature! I'm sorry and I sincerely apologize for my bad. Please forgive my transgression. It's the month of March. The birds, bees, flowers and all other wildlife are counting on your help to move into the Spring season. :bowdown:

Besides, we're effing tired of snow...

:tantrum:

Attachments

• NWS 03_08_2018 Capture.jpg
      NWS 03_08_2018 Capture.jpg
      49.1 KB · Views: 398

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No sh!t. I guess I really pissed off Mother Nature when I mentioned Spring and Robins. :banghead:

It's been snowing off and on all day today. According to the weather forecast we have maybe another 4" to 7" still coming our way tonight and tomorrow.

Hey, Mother Nature! I'm sorry and I sincerely apologize for my bad. Please forgive my transgression. It's the month of March. The birds, bees, flowers and all other wildlife are counting on your help to move into the Spring season. :bowdown:

Besides, we're effing tired of snow...

I think you need to do what they did in Florida a few years ago. They got their guns and shot at the hurricane trying to get it to leave. Maybe you should take a few shots at the snowflakes. Wait, I mean the little white frozen precip, not the ignorant, young liberals.........

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Here We Go Again!

According to the "calendar authorities" spring officially arrives tomorrow: :lol2::rofl:
    Vernal equinox 2018 will be at 12:15 PM on Tuesday, March 20.

But the NWS and Mother Nature seem to have a different forecast in mind. They're saying we'll get slammed once again! :banghead:

Somebody shoulda shot that dayum groundhog last month! It's just gotta stop sooner or later! Global warming at its best!

Attachments

• NWS 03_19_2018 Capture.jpg
      NWS 03_19_2018 Capture.jpg
      72 KB · Views: 200

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm holding you personally responsible for this weather we've had in March.

Stay warm out there.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This time of year, the robins come and go. Not sure where they go, but they do go...eventually returning...then going again. :shrug:

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Hi everyone. I’m jeff from Friendsville. I would love to bring my son to a hooligan event once you start up in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Hi everyone. I’m jeff from Friendsville. I would love to bring my son to a hooligan event once you start up in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re more than welcome to attend, but we usually shoot year round so there no spring startup.;)
    Just about every Sunday morning.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom