• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Let me clarify "disappointed"...I fondled a VP9 and decided I needed one. However, the cost of the pistol + Owe'Malley permission slip (HQL) required me to get rid of something in my collection.
    Enter my uber rare USPc in .357 Sig, which I rarely shot due to the cost of .357 Sig ammo. I decided to sell the USP and get an HQL and the VP9 in exchange. The sold price of the USPc covered the cost of the HQL, VP9 and a (PA purchased) 15rd magazine. The added bonus is I can shoot the VP9 without cleaning out my bank account.
    The VP9 is a fine pistol, and shoots quite well. However, IMHO, it does not have the ergonomics or crisp trigger of the USPc.
    Someone please remind me as to why I sold a pistol I loved to purchase a pistol I really like. Next time, I'm gonna save up for a few months rather than selling something I love.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    I've been lucky in that I haven't sold anything I love, only guns I don't and won't shoot. I hate that you gave up a gun that you loved. I have a few that I would really regret if I sold them...the untouchables...the ones that might be lost in a boating accident if Hillary gets stupid.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    NEVER EVER sell an uber rare anything that you love unless your life depends on it. You will forever regret it and the thoughts and what ifs will forever haunt you. Ask me how I know. Other than that, I agree with Blaster about shooting it more often because its more economical.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    You got rid of a gun in a caliber that is going the way of the Dodo. The only H&K I own is a P7M8 which I never intend to sell, but I'm not a fan of their current one-up. I've shot a VP9. Nice pistol, but not for me. I leave all of my guns stock and have learned to adjust to mediocre triggers with practice. Good luck.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Hummm, the crisp trigger of the VP9 is the very first thing most of my customers comment on, and I've some LOTS of them.

Wondering why yours isn't so.

It is better than the Apex trigger folks pay a hundred or so to put in their Smith M&Ps in my opinion.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I just got a VP 9 and crisp is not accurate in descibing the trigger. Creepy, grabby and rough...or at least it was. Now it is tolerable but it is a decent pistol. Shoots circles around the M&P Pro9 I sold. I like the interchangeable side panels and back strap. Nestles well in the hand.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I just got a VP 9 and crisp is not accurate in descibing the trigger. Creepy, grabby and rough...or at least it was. Now it is tolerable but it is a decent pistol. Shoots circles around the M&P Pro9 I sold. I like the interchangeable side panels and back strap.

You must have gotten a rare lemon. Mine has been flawless from day 1. My favorite pistol.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I don't think he's saying it's flawed. I think he's saying he's a trigger princess. LOL

Ha!!!! :rofl: LOL...not a trigger princess but a good trigger is appealing...learned to appreciate a good one. :D This one was distracting....very, very minimal stone work to smooth out tool marks...better. Still like the gun. What can I say???? :innocent0

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Attachments

• prencess and pea.jpg
      prencess and pea.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 455

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Let me clarify "disappointed"...I fondled a VP9 and decided I needed one. However, the cost of the pistol + Owe'Malley permission slip (HQL) required me to get rid of something in my collection.
    Enter my uber rare USPc in .357 Sig, which I rarely shot due to the cost of .357 Sig ammo. I decided to sell the USP and get an HQL and the VP9 in exchange. The sold price of the USPc covered the cost of the HQL, VP9 and a (PA purchased) 15rd magazine. The added bonus is I can shoot the VP9 without cleaning out my bank account.
    The VP9 is a fine pistol, and shoots quite well. However, IMHO, it does not have the ergonomics or crisp trigger of the USPc.
    Someone please remind me as to why I sold a pistol I loved to purchase a pistol I really like. Next time, I'm gonna save up for a few months rather than selling something I love.

You now have a shooter, you got rid of a safe queen. That alone is worth the trade off. As far as the trigger. Don't discount the trigger until you have at least 1000 rounds through it. I don't know if the VP9 can be dry fired, but the first thing I do when I buy a pistol is to sit on the couch, watch a little TV and dry fire the new pistol for an hour. I can easily get 1000 or more trigger pulls. If you're worried about dry firing, Ive run mine with a snap cap before and only pulled the slide far enough to reset the trigger, so the snap cap stays in place. It's a little clumsy and the snap cap has ejected. But if you don't mind (as long as it's safe to do so), dry fire that puppy for a good hour and you might find the trigger to come around to your liking.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom