• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Artillarylover

Nov 5, 2016
    I was reading the rules for range at AGC and saw that no ammo labeled magnum is allowed. Does this include 22WMR? I may be misreading something but does this apply to all ranges or specific ones?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    OP, so long as your question does not relate to shooting steel targets, you can shoot 22 rimfire magnum, or 460 Weatherby Magnum, or any other magnum round you so choose.
    So no to a 22WMR, but you can shoot a 416 Rigby or 500 Nitro Express at steel? No “magnum” in the name/description, good to go? OK, so a little sarcastic......

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    So no to a 22WMR, but you can shoot a 416 Rigby or 500 Nitro Express at steel? No “magnum” in the name/description, good to go? OK, so a little sarcastic......

You’re actually not too far off. I could write a book about this, and without elaborating, will suffice it to say that I already pretty much have.

The present policy is sorely in need of review IMO. At present, the very best thing you can do is to run your thoughts on the matter through your member club. And if they are in agreement and will back your play, have them formally request a complete review by the AGC’s RSSOP.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    You’re actually not too far off. I could write a book about this, and without elaborating, will suffice it to say that I already pretty much have.

The present policy is sorely in need of review IMO. At present, the very best thing you can do is to run your thoughts on the matter through your member club. And if they are in agreement and will back your play, have them formally request a complete review by the AGC’s RSSOP.
    Sorry, I was just being a sarcastic jerk. I don’t really care one way or the other.

It does sound like the rules could cause some confusion though.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Sorry, I was just being a sarcastic jerk. I don’t really care one way or the other.

It does sound like the rules could cause some confusion though.

No apology necessary sir.

And I can assure you that there does indeed exist significant confusion.

For others to whom this present policy with attending issues does indeed apply, my suggestion on how best to proceed stands. It’s the ONLY way the present policy can change.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    One range I belong to changed the bylaws to state anything over xxxx ft/lbs was NOT allowed, period. Doing it this way alleviates any confusion as to caliber, gauge, magnum verbiage, etc.
    The steel plate rule is easy, no AP or steel core. Not hard to understand.
    The consequences are easy too, if you get caught, you are brought before the board and expelled. Again, not that difficult.

I will say that when any rules or bylaws are changed, the membership NEEDS to be notified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom