• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I know GSG and I've seen Sig and Colt in a few reviews. The Browning had nice reviews but the sights were a big negative from what I've seen and makes me second guess. And a couple I followed up on have disappeared from the manufacturer's site.

I want to get a reliable, good quality one. It'll be for plinking, MAYBE some casual competition, and varmint eradication. I'd like a threaded barrel for a can as well.

I have a 22/45 and find them to be OK but not as reliable as I'd like, plus their takedown is a headache, so that's out.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    The gen IV Rugers have completely fixed the takedown/reassembly issue. Lots of youtube videos. Check them out. :thumbsup:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Use the search function because I believe we had a thread a little while ago on this exact question. I myself have a Sig 1911-22 made in Germany. Great gun, likes higher velocity ammo due to the heavy 1911 slide.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have and like the Colt ( Walther) .

Keep in mind the Browning is reduced size , the Colt and Sig are full sized .

Use the search function because I believe we had a thread a little while ago on this exact question. I myself have a Sig 1911-22 made in Germany. Great gun, likes higher velocity ammo due to the heavy 1911 slide.

I used search and ended up with 15 pages of things but didn't see the specific "which 1911-22" thread. granted I didn't go through every single page either

I saw the Sig, but for some reason I couldn't find the 22LR version on their site.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    How about the Beretta M9-22? I just got one and it is a great shooter. Not at all picky about ammo and seems to be very accurate. Same size and feel as the 9mm Beretta, just a little lighter. Takes a 15 round magazine and you can get them with a threaded barrel. If you're a 1911 fan the GSG is a great way to go. GSG makes the Sig 1911.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I have a kimber 1911-22conversion kit that I built an 80 frame for. I love it. I had the barrel threaded for my spectre ii and I regret doing so. Running a suppressed rim fire pistol doesn’t go so well on a 1911 action. Rimfire ammo is extremely dirty suppressed so it binds up the slide after a couple of magazines. I’ve not had any reliability issues otherwise. Something like my Berretta Noes is much better suited for suppressed shooting.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I used search and ended up with 15 pages of things but didn't see the specific "which 1911-22" thread. granted I didn't go through every single page either

I saw the Sig, but for some reason I couldn't find the 22LR version on their site.

Got mine about 5 years ago. Here’s one like mine on gunbroker. Think they were asking $425. If Sig has it it would be under discontinued items probably.

Attachments

• 0ECB28E2-9A61-408A-BE90-9C3799BA6379.jpeg
      0ECB28E2-9A61-408A-BE90-9C3799BA6379.jpeg
      65.5 KB · Views: 251
    How about the Beretta M9-22? I just got one and it is a great shooter. Not at all picky about ammo and seems to be very accurate. Same size and feel as the 9mm Beretta, just a little lighter. Takes a 15 round magazine and you can get them with a threaded barrel. If you're a 1911 fan the GSG is a great way to go. GSG makes the Sig 1911.
    Did not know Beretta had an M9-22. I was just looking at that. It's very nice and the price ain't bad either. Might be the way to go since 1911s don't appear to like running suppressed.

How do you get a threaded barrel model? The two I saw didn't have threaded barrels

Edit: I see they're available for purchase. Just didn't see a model with them already installed. Also I see they have elevated sights to accommodate a Suppressor which is very nice

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I like the 15 round magazine option too. I don't know of any other 22cal pistols that have that option. There may be some,I just don't know about them.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

I was able to pick up a Sig conversion kit few years ago, and yep it is definitely a relabeled GSG. I don't see them for sale by SIG any longer. The GSG kit at times got to near $150, but seem hard to find now (still being made?). Mine runs very well, boy loves it.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I don't know if the conversion kit is still available or not. The GSG 1911 pistol is still available through.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have a kimber 1911-22conversion kit that I built an 80 frame for. I love it. I had the barrel threaded for my spectre ii and I regret doing so. Running a suppressed rim fire pistol doesn’t go so well on a 1911 action. Rimfire ammo is extremely dirty suppressed so it binds up the slide after a couple of magazines. I’ve not had any reliability issues otherwise. Something like my Berretta Noes is much better suited for suppressed shooting.
    I've got the GSG conversion (which is the same as the Kimber AFAIK), and it runs about the same suppressed as unsuppressed... which is to say, it likes Mini-Mags, at least until you break it in. I didn't really have problems with slide binding per se, but it definitely didn't cycle very well with Winchester 555 bulk or CCI SV. To be fair, the GSG 1911 pistol has much the same problem.

I've got the GSG conversion (which is the same as the Kimber AFAIK), and it runs about the same suppressed as unsuppressed... which is to say, it likes Mini-Mags, at least until you break it in. I didn't really have problems with slide binding per se, but it definitely didn't cycle very well with Winchester 555 bulk or CCI SV. To be fair, the GSG 1911 pistol has much the same problem.

My grandfather has the GSG 1911 and the cycling is definitely an issue, especially with subs.

I like the 15 round magazine option too. I don't know of any other 22cal pistols that have that option. There may be some,I just don't know about them.

I did like that too. I'm leaning towards the Beretta, even though it's not a 1911 as it seems to be able to cycle all types of ammo the best, and reliability I think is more important. The elevated sights for cans is a plus as well. What's the trigger like on them?

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    My son has the M9 in 9mm and the trigger feels about the same to me. In other words, I think it has a decent trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom