Need gun & ammo money? Good with carpentry/wood work?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Message below from my wife. We need help with a project and will gladly pay. Please email Abby at admin@dottrio.com to discuss.

I need some help. My daughter decided at the last minute she wanted a birthday party this year and I usually plan 8 months in advance. Her party is on 10/1 and she wants a donut theme party. I really really want to have this donut wall but I haven't had any luck with any of my vendors having one available for rent. I'm trying to find someone to build it for me but everyone keeps asking me the dimensions. I measure stuff with my body so it looks like 1 me x 3/4 me. That isn't working. I've tried doing 7 donuts x 9 donuts. That isn't working.

How could I figure out how big this thing is or am I sol?

The pink one is what I want. The white one I found without donuts to show what it looks like raw.

Bonus Points: If you are in Maryland and know someone who could build this!

I want it like the pink one and it looks like it has some type of stand to hold it up behind it. Need by 9/29, Thanks, Abby

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160913-095619.jpg
      Screenshot_20160913-095619.jpg
      33 KB · Views: 379
    • Screenshot_20160913-070635.jpg
      Screenshot_20160913-070635.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 375
    • Screenshot_20160913-095457.jpg
      Screenshot_20160913-095457.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 390
    • Screenshot_20160913-095448.jpg
      Screenshot_20160913-095448.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 378
    • Screenshot_20160913-095626.jpg
      Screenshot_20160913-095626.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 374

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Fairly simple, I could probably build that today and paint tomorrow. Start with the donuts! lay them out how you would like them to look and get measurements. Makes me IKEA nervous as the back would need to be 1/2" material to get the pegs to stay put which would give it a little weight therefore needing a little bit of a base to keep from falling over if you are not mounting it to the wall. Safety first.
    The Pink one looks to be 48" wide by 40" tall with a decent base.
    I'm guessing a sheet of ply would cover all the materials, then paint. $45 ply + (2 or 3) cans paint $12 + Screws/glue/sandpaper + $5 = $72 plus ~5 hours labor. I don't drink but sure could use some brass.

There's holds 56 donuts, I would shoot for something divisible by 12.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I can get this done by your requested date ( so long as it fits in the wife's schedule for my time i'll confer with her this evening). 1 question before I comment about doing this... are you planning on using full size donuts or miniature donuts? cuz that is 5 bakers dozen donuts (why would someone design a donut holder to not hold an complete number of dozens...). a normal donut is 4-5 bites I mean inches in size. I would also agree with jimbob on the size. appears to be 3/8" or half inch dowels punched through cabinet grade plywood.

also if you are interested in decorations in addition to the board my wife does this stuff as a side hustle.

CronusTRD

Creeper
    Mar 1, 2007
    Oh man, this looks like an Advent Calendar for Doughnuts. If only there was a way to keep them fresh for 30 days.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Fairly simple, I could probably build that today and paint tomorrow. Start with the donuts! lay them out how you would like them to look and get measurements. Makes me IKEA nervous as the back would need to be 1/2" material to get the pegs to stay put which would give it a little weight therefore needing a little bit of a base to keep from falling over if you are not mounting it to the wall. Safety first.
    The Pink one looks to be 48" wide by 40" tall with a decent base.
    I'm guessing a sheet of ply would cover all the materials, then paint. $45 ply + (2 or 3) cans paint $12 + Screws/glue/sandpaper + $5 = $72 plus ~5 hours labor. I don't drink but sure could use some brass.

There's holds 56 donuts, I would shoot for something divisible by 12.

More than just plywood, it needs to be freestanding. It will need some kind of mounts/feet as shown in the picture.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Message below from my wife. We need help with a project and will gladly pay. Please email Abby at admin@dottrio.com to discuss.

I need some help. My daughter decided at the last minute she wanted a birthday party this year and I usually plan 8 months in advance. Her party is on 10/1 and she wants a donut theme party. I really really want to have this donut wall but I haven't had any luck with any of my vendors having one available for rent. I'm trying to find someone to build it for me but everyone keeps asking me the dimensions. I measure stuff with my body so it looks like 1 me x 3/4 me. That isn't working. I've tried doing 7 donuts x 9 donuts. That isn't working.

How could I figure out how big this thing is or am I sol?

The pink one is what I want. The white one I found without donuts to show what it looks like raw.

Bonus Points: If you are in Maryland and know someone who could build this!

I want it like the pink one and it looks like it has some type of stand to hold it up behind it. Need by 9/29, Thanks, Abby

:lol2::lol2::lol::lol::lol:

I am laughing because I have all boys.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    More than just plywood, it needs to be freestanding. It will need some kind of mounts/feet as shown in the picture.

I do see the white one has what looks to be a 2 x 8 as a foot, overkill.
    My first thought would be less expensive, use the ply you just bought and edge with birch tape, can be any size, will stay straight/supportive.
    Larger solid wood is fine though, I have some 5/4 pine that would look good too. Can do any size feet. Believe it or not I have some pink paint in stock from other unusual jobs.

One of our ponies is the mascot for Sandy Pony donuts in Annapolis so let me know if you need a pony as well :innocent0 ... on second thought I'm not going to have time for pony rides.

Attachments

• donutfeet.JPG
      donutfeet.JPG
      78.3 KB · Views: 258

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads