• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    I have several weapons, grand-fathered in, that are now illegal under the new laws passed in the Maryland legislature. They are insured. If someone should break in and steal them, and I would like them replaced, can I get something comparable to these stolen weapons?

Thanks!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I have several weapons, grand-fathered in, that are now illegal under the new laws passed in the Maryland legislature. They are insured. If someone should break in and steal them, and I would like them replaced, can I get something comparable to these stolen weapons?

Thanks!

Nope. All the insurance company is going to do is pay you cash for your loss. Then, Maryland law prohibits you from being able to replace them. So, you have cash in hand instead of your pre-ban firearms. A bill was introduced this session to allow replacement for damaged or stolen pre-ban assault weapons, but that bill died a horrible death.

Only advice I can give you is to live in a neighborhood with very little crime, invest in a really nice safe, and make sure that safe is bolted to the concrete beneath it and the wall so it cannot be tipped over. That, or store your guns like John Wick does. Saw that same technique in another movie, but I cannot remember it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom