What do You Guys Think of KAK Barrels and Parts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Was thinking about building another upper using KAK parts (barrel and upper receiver) but with a decent Midwest free-float hand guard. Do you guys think KAK is ok or should I look elsewhere. The upper I built I used Odin Works; nice but pricey.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Odin Works is nice. I have a 6.5 Grendel bolt/barrel I built out, and is nice. I have no experience with KAK beyond one muzzle device I have, so cannot comment otherwise.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I thought someone on MDS had a build list that included a KAK barrel. I'll see if I can hunt it down. Maybe that was somewhere else and I am having a senior moment.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I just bought about a month ago a kak 9x39 barrel for a build. I haven't finished it yet but its getting there.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I did a build recently at a SOTAR class with a KAK .300 Blackout "Mr. Blond" CHF 9" barrel. Cost me $180, and I had heard good things, so I thought it would be okay.

Issues noted:

1) Barrel had a burr at the muzzle and would not pass a barrel straightness gage. Chad had to re-crown the barrel to remove the burr.
    2) Muzzle threads were not concentric to the bore. Used a Schuster concentricity gage to find that.

Things did work out. A suppressor gage rod showed that there wouldn't be a problem with my mount and can. (Some cans are looser than others, apparently.)

KAK did not reply to my email.

It's your nickel. My next build is getting a Criterion barrel.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    I've used 2 KAK barrels but both were 9mm. That said, both were concentric on threads, no burrs, and functioned perfectly. Passed the no-go gauges handily and are dead reliable. YMMV.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I did a build recently at a SOTAR class with a KAK .300 Blackout "Mr. Blond" CHF 9" barrel. Cost me $180, and I had heard good things, so I thought it would be okay.

Issues noted:

1) Barrel had a burr at the muzzle and would not pass a barrel straightness gage. Chad had to re-crown the barrel to remove the burr.
    2) Muzzle threads were not concentric to the bore. Used a Schuster concentricity gage to find that.

Things did work out. A suppressor gage rod showed that there wouldn't be a problem with my mount and can. (Some cans are looser than others, apparently.)

KAK did not reply to my email.

It's your nickel. My next build is getting a Criterion barrel.

Muzzle thread were not concentric to the bore???? Holy crap!!! How far were they out? Did you indicate them?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I thought someone on MDS had a build list that included a KAK barrel. I'll see if I can hunt it down. Maybe that was somewhere else and I am having a senior moment.

I have used numerous KAK Value Line barrels, before 2019, for builds. Haven't had any problems and they are accurate barrels for the price tag. On the other hand, I haven't built anything with one in a while, so, I don't know what to tell you.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    had my KAK 9x39 AR pistol out this weekend. I have to say I'm very impressed with the 9x39 rd and the accuracy of it ! had some short stroking at first unsuppressed. but after I suppressed it it ran flawlessly. I put a 3x fixed red dot on it. that wont stay long, as I can see this thing has more legs than I had given it credit for. now debating building a 2nd 1 lol.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    had my KAK 9x39 AR pistol out this weekend. I have to say I'm very impressed with the 9x39 rd and the accuracy of it ! had some short stroking at first unsuppressed. but after I suppressed it it ran flawlessly. I put a 3x fixed red dot on it. that wont stay long, as I can see this thing has more legs than I had given it credit for. now debating building a 2nd 1 lol.

Does it use AR mags?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom