• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    After several issues with frame rail breakage with the Glock .40 we're switching back to the 9mm. Maybe it's a Glock issue. Any thoughts?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Not a terrible idea considering how good the performance of certain 9mm rounds are.

I wouldn't have a worry in the world carrying HST's or Gold Dots in 9mm. In fact I carry both rounds.

How old are the Glocks? Some folks think that duty guns should live forever and run them till the die.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Wait a minute, I thought you could drop a Glock into a fiery volcano, and it would still run like a champ. This propaganda of glocks breaking, can't be true.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Whats next switching from firearms to pillows, its MOCO afterall?

Seriously, with a decent loading and bullet Ive never seen the real reason for a .40. Id almost rather have the couple extra rounds handy.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    220px-Luger19062iq.jpg

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    Not a terrible idea considering how good the performance of certain 9mm rounds are.

I wouldn't have a worry in the world carrying HST's or Gold Dots in 9mm. In fact I carry both rounds.

How old are the Glocks? Some folks think that duty guns should live forever and run them till the die.
    My Glock 22 is about 14 years old.

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Doesn't seem like a .40 issue...seems like they are just done.

I wonder what life expectancy Glock gives their service firearms?

Ours were swapped out after 10 years. One 3rd Gen G22 for another one. That said, with the FBI moving to 9mm I expect you'll see a lot of this.

OP, what was the duty round? With 165gr Gold Dots I never heard of a problem with rails cracking. There was a pin that they checked every qual cycle but that's it.

zoopal

Jun 13, 2013

Mine is the Gen2 glock17, at least 20 years old. I shot more than 10k rounds, never have a hip cup and still run like a champ

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom