• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I'm sitting here watching American rifleman on the outdoor channel. They are doing a story on a women and gun project which sounded cool, a training class with an added section in which women all try pistols and write a little review to gather info on what they like and don't like. Ok but..........

Saw some of the NRA instructors talking who took part in the project. Showed them teaching and I saw some really bad habits and teaching techniques. Grips were horrible, adjusting after every shot, instructors being shown shooting with basic flaws in their techniques............

In any field there are the good and the bad, I think this is esp. true in teaching anything, but shouldn't the editors of the show be more careful? Or am I just being cranky?

TD

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    The NRA and training counselors need to be more careful and stop rubber stamping instructors. Just because you paid to take an instructor class does not mean you should get to be an instructor. The NRA needs to start weeding these people out of the ranks.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The NRA and training counselors need to be more careful and stop rubber stamping instructors. Just because you paid to take an instructor class does not mean you should get to be an instructor. The NRA needs to start weeding these people out of the ranks.

You mean someone should WANT to be NRA certified with enthusiasm to actually teach and not just want a signature line under their name? :D That's just silly talk right there mister. LOL

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or than those who primarily want a Signature Line, should heed Clint Eastwood's best movie quote, and conduct themselves accordingly ?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's really any area where there are people of authority teaching people that don't know any better. It's pretty bad in the knife world and reallllllly bad in the martial arts world.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Ah the fear of failing someone, everyone doesn't get a trophy, someone might have to be told "No"...........

Don't get me started...............

TD

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    It's really any area where there are people of authority teaching people that don't know any better. It's pretty bad in the knife world and reallllllly bad in the martial arts world.

Put some sims in those guns and try that. The "gunmen" don't really seem to be into it.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm sitting here watching American rifleman on the outdoor channel. They are doing a story on a women and gun project which sounded cool, a training class with an added section in which women all try pistols and write a little review to gather info on what they like and don't like. Ok but..........

Saw some of the NRA instructors talking who took part in the project. Showed them teaching and I saw some really bad habits and teaching techniques. Grips were horrible, adjusting after every shot, instructors being shown shooting with basic flaws in their techniques............

In any field there are the good and the bad, I think this is esp. true in teaching anything, but shouldn't the editors of the show be more careful? Or am I just being cranky?

TD

The editors and producers know less than the people in front of the camera. We see this EVERYWHERE; its not particular to NRA. Without having a higher consultant overseeing the production, this is the quality that will be produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom