• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Well said!

Why is it that in the firearms industry the CUSTOMER has to be all careful not to hurt the dealers feelings. It's our damn money! They wouldn't be around if it weren't for us! Why should we not be able to call them out when there being rude and obviously don't appreciate our business? I'm so sick of this! This is a forum. If a dealer has done you wrong or treated you poorly, this is the place to call them out on it. Obviously by doing so you do take the risk of getting some backlash from customers who have been happy with the dealers service. It's to bad that many of them don't want to admit that someone else's experience could have been the exact opposite of theirs. The idea that customers just have to deal with being treated rudely amazes me. We dont! I'm the one spending my money at a shop of my choosing.

In no way am I saying a dealer needs to kiss your ass to get your business. But if they're being disrespectful and obviously not appreciating your business, go elsewhere. It's your money, and trust me there are plenty of places that would be happy to have it.

Absolutely agree. Nothing irritates me more than going into a shop to look a few things and get attitude. I avoided Valley Guns for just this reason. Even though Valley is no longer in operation, I will not enter the store front that currently occupies the location. As I understand it the current dealer rents the building from Sanford Abrams and his family. I will not do anything that puts money into the pocket of that man.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I've never had an issue with Gus or his wife at Accurate Pawn. Keep in mind he also runs a pawn business and deals with a lot of burnt out a$$holes on a daily basis.

The last time I was in there the ATF was there conducting an audit; Gus didn't even seem remotely concerned.

I would have to say Glade Valley Sporting Goods is by far the worst gun shop I've ever been in. Barely any product, disorganized and dirty store, young kid behind the counter telling a customer a RIA is about as good as a Kimber. :sad20:

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I've dealt with accurate. I agree they can be short but I don't think it's rudeness. I think Gus just needs to hire some counterhelp, he always seems waaay over extended to me.

Sent from my Droid

Freak

May 20, 2011
    Gaithersburg MD
    I've been to every shop within 90min of MoCo and I can honestly say, I'll give all my money to Mark and crew @ 2A Sales.

I even told my wife I was going to stop by another shop, to just browse, on my way home and even she insisted I go to 2A.

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    I see it differently. If I go into a shop to with the intention to purchase an item and am treated rudely, then I leave. And I will tell everyone that I know who is into shooting sports what a tool that dealer is. If a dealer is so concerned about his livelihood then he will extend a level of service to his customers that make them want to purchase his products and come back at a later date. If I go into a dealer's shop in a bad mood and treat the dealer rudely he will ask me to leave. Why should I or anyone else take the same level of ******** from a dealer?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I've been to every shop within 90min of MoCo and I can honestly say, I'll give all my money to Mark and crew @ 2A Sales.

I even told my wife I was going to stop by another shop, to just browse, on my way home and even she insisted I go to 2A.

I've had the same opinion since Mark opened up shop. Without a dought he's earned my business for years to come.

ABERSHOFIE

Feb 5, 2011
    baltimore
    i havent dealt with gus in a while (over a year), he probably knew i was buying from somewhere else. i was in the area yesterday, so i stopped in. he's a busy guy... i can see how some don't like his personality. he's direct and too the point. i am fine with it, i don't need to be sweet talked when buying something i want. but what i love about Gus...bottom line pricing!!! i walked in looking for a Sig pistol. He talked me into the new Sig 716 rifle with such a great deal that i didn't even have to 2nd guess. JA

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    sailskidrive said:
    I've never had an issue with Gus or his wife at Accurate Pawn. Keep in mind he also runs a pawn business and deals with a lot of burnt out a$$holes on a daily basis.

The last time I was in there the ATF was there conducting an audit; Gus didn't even seem remotely concerned.

I would have to say Glade Valley Sporting Goods is by far the worst gun shop I've ever been in. Barely any product, disorganized and dirty store, young kid behind the counter telling a customer a RIA is about as good as a Kimber. :sad20:

What's wrong with an RIA, as far as value is concerned, Kimber could learn a thing or two.

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    I have to totally agree that the gun industry is full of people who know NOTHING about customer service or even common courtesy for that matter. I've run into this recently with a local shop in spite of spending nearly $1400. I was certainly no tire-kicker.

In any other industry, their behavior would have them fired in a flash or the doors shuttered.
    Because there are relatively few dealers, these people seem to somehow survive.

I have no doubt that we would all spend more money if shop more owners treated us as fellow gun owners and not as an enemy or annoyance..

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    In the past few years, quite a few really good shops have opened with really good customer service.

2A Sales is a perfect example. Shortly after Mark opened up shop I was recommended to 2A by a guy I met at the range. A month or so later I stopped by 2A to see if the hype was true, and it was. Great customer service and fair pricing. There are more than a few shops that are closer to me but I've never gotten the feeling that they appreciated my business. Mark has always been 1st class and a true stand up guy. I have no problem, and wouldn't hesitate for a second, recommending 2A to those looking for a great shop.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    2A Sales is a perfect example. Shortly after Mark opened up shop I was recommended to 2A by a guy I met at the range. A month or so later I stopped by 2A to see if the hype was true, and it was. Great customer service and fair pricing. There are more than a few shops that are closer to me but I've never gotten the feeling that they appreciated my business. Mark has always been 1st class and a true stand up guy. I have no problem, and wouldn't hesitate for a second, recommending 2A to those looking for a great shop.

I agree completely. He has a high degree of social intelligence and knows how to treat people. He runs an honest shop with decent prices and is never pushy.

I think he is simply having a good time running the place; it's like a toy store for men. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom