Now it starts to leak out, Dayton shooter was left, for gun bans, and pro-Antifa

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Also a Liz Warren and Sanders supporter supporter.

But it doesn't matter now, the narrative was spun and set in people's minds about these two mass shootings.

CNN had 29 hours of continuous implication that h was right wing, during the important time when people's opinions are set, and it turns out he is clearly left wing.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-g...eaning-left-tweets-conner-betts-will-el-fakir

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Also a Liz Warren and Sanders supporter supporter.

But it doesn't matter now, the narrative was spun and set in people's minds about these two mass shootings.

CNN had 29 hours of continuous implication that h was right wing, during the important time when people's opinions are set, and it turns out he is clearly left wing.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-g...eaning-left-tweets-conner-betts-will-el-fakir

If "White Supremacy" was a drinking word on this morning's news, I would have been hammered before I made it to the shower.

It matters. Only people with anti 2A agenda will continue to believe the "white supremacy" narrative once the truth is revealed. I also think we will eventually find out the Texas and Cali shooters were also lefties. I believe that there is MUCH more going on here that meets the eye. The truth has a way of getting out...

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It matters. Only people with anti 2A agenda will continue to believe the "white supremacy" narrative once the truth is revealed. I also think we will eventually find out the Texas and Cali shooters were also lefties. I believe that there is MUCH more going on here that meets the eye. The truth has a way of getting out...

Texas shooter clearly had both extreme left and extreme right rantings. his riff on plastics shows if he is a terrorist he is also an eco terrorist. His riff on corporations includes a lot of "Occupy" and "antifa" views.

There something else going on in my view anyway. Which is insane people who commit mass murder have learned that putting out a controversial political statement means that they wilklget more press coverage. press coverage is their primary aim. So i posit they don't even believe this nonsense, their manifestos are not causal to their violence, but an element in obtaining fame since these statements push the buttons that will get the press to be complicit.

They are insane but do not want be seen and pitied as insane and prefer being seen as political.

Classic and archetypal cases is Anders Breivik the guy who committed a shooting of students on Norway bigger than any and every US school shooting.

This guy was insane. Of the four expert psychologist in criminal insanity, initially appointed by the court, every one, all four, found him both deeply mentally ill.

The law in Norway states that in such a case, no matter what you did, you could have eaten living babies, or murders 10,000 people, for that matter, you are not tried, and you get out scott the moment your supervising psychiatrist says you have been successfully treated and are no longer dangerously insane.

So soley due to public outcry, the Norwegian court circumvented their own laws, and in an unprecedented move appointed another panel of psychiatric experts, all with a history of never finding anyone too crazy to be guilty, and they found him sane.

This converted Breivik the madman, who wrote a manifesto for attention and in order to maximize press coverage and sooth his profound narcissism; into a "political terrorist." Breivik himself, as part of his mental illness did not want to be seen as insane so he abetted the second set of psychiatrists and mimicked being sane. most defendants are are opposite, they seek to be seen as insane to reduce culpability. Breivik did something the psychiatrists were not trained for: faking sanity.

In fact this is a big subject in psychiatric journals and most experts consider it a public relations move by the Norwegian courts in labeling a patently inane guy as sane.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    They are insane but do not want be seen and pitied as insane and prefer being seen as political.

Bingo...I think we would have less "copycats" if the mass media would call these guys lunatics or insane.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    this is why the dayton event will die out. the only remainder will be the addition of the casualty numbers with those from el paso. the shock effect.

but only the motives of the el paso shooter will be a big focus.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    this is why the dayton event will die out. the only remainder will be the addition of the casualty numbers with those from el paso. the shock effect.

but only the motives of the el paso shooter will be a big focus.

On the bright side, the leftist lugenpresse's desire to quickly memoryhole the entire Dayton incident means that we'll probably get to keep our Sig braces!

Little victories, folks. Little victories.

AACO_Salami

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 12, 2019
    Don't let his political affiliation distract you from his using a rifle with a pistol brace. A "loophole" around strict gun regulations, is how I believed it was phrased. So, I'm sure they'll be gone the way of the bumpstocks by Christmas.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

The el paso shooter isn't right wing. He's absolutely anti-immigrant, but not right wing. He is anti-corporation, echoes yang's words about automation, verges on an eco-terrorist as much as anti-immigrant, calls our foreign interventions imperialist while denouncing them, and actually says he values racial diversity...wanting to geographically separate races within america to keep from mixing away that diversity. He specifically denounces both the democrats AND republicans, based on backing corporations interests and failing to do anything about immigration-based demographic change. Saying that the dayton shooter represents the left and the el paso shooter represents the right is not accurate.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    It's been on the web since just a few hours after the events that both of the latest murderer were Democrats and lefties. The MSM tried to memory hole that the best they could but in the end have had to acknowledge it. Because of this, both of these will probably fade away faster than if they were bona fide Trump supporters, just like the school shooting involving the trans people.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    The other hole is Lack of Chicago... News?

55 Shootings, one hospital stopped taking patients... Gun Control city.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    give these events zero coverage. no 15 minutes of fame, less idiots going out in a blaze of 'glory.'

All these idiots want is to get their manifestos out to the general public, and the media is doing exactly that.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Almost all of the mass shootings are from democrats. I'm convinced most of our shootings are false flags. Just look at New Zealand. They guy shot people so he could get guns banned...and it worked.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    When it is talked about with pistol braces being banned, pistols are more highly regulated than any current long gun outside of NFA. Higher age to purchase, waiting periods, transportation laws, unable to be purchased across state lines, etc. This is what the gun control people want to enact on long guns, yet they want to get rid of this version of AR.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The mass shooting contagion spread by the media ...

https://www.wired.com/story/mass-shootings-may-be-contagious-can-we-contain-them/

IN THE SPAN of one week, three US cities suffered mass shootings: Gilroy, California; El Paso, Texas; and Dayton, Ohio. Occurring in such rapid succession, the incidents rocked the country. But it was far from the first time that a rash of mass shootings seemed to strike, a data trail that’s led some researchers to argue there’s something contagious about them.

"What you notice in a contagion model is that the events will cluster together, unusually closely in time, more so than you would expect from a model that just assumes that they kind of happen randomly," says Sherry Towers, a mathematician at Arizona State University.

For school shootings and mass killings, the contagion model explained the data better than simply assuming the events were random. The third set of data, events where fewer than four people were killed, showed no significant evidence of being contagious. There was evidence of contagion, however, among school shootings, regardless of death count.

Towers suggests that the three groups receive different amounts of media coverage, which could explain the discrepancy. Mass killings and school shootings tend to generate extensive coverage, while smaller-scale tragedies don’t always get as much attention.

"Even low-casualty-count school shootings can get national media, because I think it speaks to parents' fears about their children going off to school," Towers says. It was the lack of contagion among shooting events only reported in local news outlets that got her thinking. "That's what led us to hypothesize that media may be playing a role."

Economists Michael Jetter and Jay Walker, of the University of Western Australia and Old Dominion University, respectively, reached the same conclusion in a working paper published last year. Using statistics, they found that the amount of news coverage on mass shootings could predict the number of shootings in the week following.

"Many of these people want fame," Jetter says. "In manifestos by some of these shooters, they say, 'I want to be famous, and I want to be recognized, I want to be feared.' We found a way to test for that empirically, and the results seem to confirm that if you give them that room in the media, then you just encourage others."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom