• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    On average 250 people per day. Article in fox news today. Medical Mistakes.

Late 1990's study pegs it at 97,000. It's gone up steadily every year.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That is not an article, it's an "Editorial" (says so on the URL). Someone wrote a letter to the editor, and they printed it to make revenue. Nothing like shock journalism to earn a dime.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    That is not an article, it's an "Editorial" (says so on the URL). Someone wrote a letter to the editor, and they printed it to make revenue. Nothing like shock journalism to earn a dime.

Pretend that all this noise is limited to a handful of gun grabbing leftists if you like, but one or two more of these events may create a political sea change. What is the profile of the shooters- White Males and Owners of AR15 or AK 47 with magazine capacity from 30 to 100 rounds. There was African American Malvo who used a Bushmaster AR15 to shut down Montgomery County in 2002.

While legislators cannot ban Black and White Males, they surely can ban magazines exceeding 10 rounds. That is the direction my political instincts predict. We shall see...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's half correct. It is an editorial, but it's from the NY Post Editorial Board (not some random dude writing the newspaper), directed to the President. They put it on their cover too. See the image below ...
    34e54663efb5550d5280ac1e0e69d239.jpg

PAInterloper

Apr 24, 2018
    Knives, spoons and forks kill more people than firearms. Diabetes and heat disease are responsible for more deaths than firearms of all types.

Blaming the gun for murder is like blaming the car for hit and run. I may have to put that back as my signature. It would seem to be more relevant today than ever before.
    Since 1999 (the year of Columbine) taking into account incomplete data for the years 2000 - 2005,...

...571 people TO DATE have been killed in dog attacks, of which 326 were Pit Bulls or Pit Bull mixes, making it the "assault weapon" of the dog world.

If you filter out skewed data from liberal sources that includes everything except a normal weekend in Chicago, that number can equal or exceed the total number of persons killed in mass shootings since 1999.

So do we ban Pitt Bulls and legislate against dog owners too...?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I think we will get our clocks cleaned again , and they will ban high capacity mags. (Drums) or the like . We as gun owners will pay the price of the sins of others . I hope and wish I would be wrong .

I also worry and wonder when more liberal crazies will do things in the name of T-45 under a false flag operation . Lots of crazies out there

I am so tired of hearing stories like:
    • "Donald Trump breathed ... he's a racist"
    • "Donald Trump went to Everytown, USA ... only a white nationalist would do that."
    • "Donald Trump scheduled the flags to end half-mast on 8/8 ... H is the 8th letter of the alphabet. He's sending Neo-Nazi coded messages about Hitler"
    • "Donald Trump tweeted XYZ ... he's a white nationalist supremacist"
    • "Donald Trump thought ABC to himself, or did he? He's got to be a racist & white supremacist"

My thought is that everyone else who knows better is tired of hearing these stories too. We all see what's going on, and who's got the media and social platforms in their back pocket. Our republic didn't used to fall victim to this kind of propaganda. The day that it does, our clocks may be toast. That's the time for the ammo box. Are we there yet? I don't know. Maybe?

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The Dayton shooter killed 9 and wounded 27 in 30 seconds. Gun owners will be luck if there is only a high capacity removable magazine ban.
    Europe has had three times as many murders of over 50 people as the US has had in the past 10 years. Two of them were without guns and way faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom